Aloha: Check Engine Charging System, 07' Sport Trac 4.0

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Aloha folks, question in the past year I have replaced my alternator with a Denso reman from Rock Auto. Also had to get a good used PCM ECM, have it flashed and installed. Past 1/2 year about has been fine. No check engine lights, vehicle runs smoothly.

A few weeks ago the red colored "Check Charging System" has come on, then off. I did clean my battery terminals of the effervescent powdery stuff around the positive post/red post. Cleaned the top of my battery and reconnected the cables.

Today the Check Charging Red light came back on. Then would turn off, then come on.

What does this? My battery was purchased in June 2022. Could something be happening with the new reman alternator that was installed. Any advice, information would be helpful. Thank you very much. Mahalo!

Aloha folks, well was able to fill out the guarantee warranty paperwork online via Rock Auto where I purchased the alternator last year. They sent me a new one and it's installed, showing it's charging. I hope I don't get that message again as it could be something else. Now to send back the used one. Mahalo

Rebuilt parts are garbage today.

Latest posts