allignment problems with Revos

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V Ro

Reaction score
Hi all

i just get revos a couple of weeks ago and get an allignment done soon after. I went on a trip the same day and it consistanly pulled to the left on the highway. When I got back a week later I brought it straight back and they said it was in specs and my front left bearing was bad(loose) I tightened it up and brought it back today and they put it on the rack and said that it was within ford specs still adn it still pulled left. They said go to Costco and have them check the tires. i went to costco and the tires are good.

The guy said it may be because Revos were an aggressive tire pattern.

the meaurements are

Front left right

camber -0.4 -0.7

cross camber 0.3

caster 3.4 4.3

cross caster -0.9

SAI 15.5 16.2

toe -0.01 0.01

total toe 0.00

rear

camber -0.2 0.1

toe -0.08 -0.06

total toe -0.14

thrust angle -0.01

does anyone have the correct ford specs?

What else can I do the thing still pulls on the highway? not hard but my arm gets tired after steering right all the time. we even switched front tires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes a particular tire may just have a directional pull. Try switching the LF tire to the RF. In other words, switch the two front tires. If the truck pulls to the right instead of the left you have a defective tire. Get it replaced. If the problem goes away and you have no pull, just keep the tire away from the LF which was causing the pull.

There is no way a tire should pull at all just because it has an agressive tread pattern. Who ever told you this is full of crap.

Bridgestone should replace the tire if, in fact, it is causing a directional pull.

Check the pressures, Sometimes 5 lbs can cause a pull...

I also recommend rotating the tires.

Todd Z

It must be one the tires pulling...the alignment is for the wheels...doesnt matter what tire...ask to be alighned to prefered spec..not within specs..

Mine did the same thing for the first 30K miles until I finally got a good alignment. Apparently there aren't too many places that can properly align our trucks. I went to four different places before they finally got it right. Of course, now the Revos are not worn perfectly, so I probably lost 5 - 10K miles from them.

Unfortunately most places set the toe and GO !!!! They look at the machine and the specs light up green, this means it is within specs, BUT not necessarily the spec needed to get the truck to go straight....

As Fast said, tell them to set it to the preferred spec...

Looking at the numbers, a .3 cross camber can cause a pull.... especially since the numbers are both (-) negative.

The caster will not cause a pull, just help in self centering the wheel..

You driving on the left side of the road crown???

ALSO, I have to ask, are you a big guy???

We had an issue where the husband drove the car, fine, His larger wife drove it and it pulled..

She was not a small woman, I actually sat in the car as it was aligned, and it went straight with her in it..:eek:

Todd Z

My REVO's didn't give me any problems but I've had other tires on other vehicles that would pull to one side. Couple of rotations and some miles and it usually went away.

I got my Revos approx. 5 to 6000 miles ago and I have the exact same problem of a pull to the left.

Got tires installed,next morning had allignment then drove from eastern Pa. to Pittsburg.Truck had a run to the left.Took it back to the dealer and they put it back on the rack.They said it went out of allignment somehow and they realligned it.drove it for approx. 8 weeks and the left pull started again and then the front tires started screaming wahwahwahwahwahwah.and there was a bit of vibration as the tires started to cup.

So I went to a different Ford dealer and had them force balance and rotate the tires so the 2 good rear tires were up front and to check everything on the allignment.They said the toe was out.I left the dealer got on the highway and noticed I still have a slight pull to the left(not as bad) and the slight vibration I had is all but gone.

I am going to switch the 2 fronts to see if that helps the little bit of pull I still have.

I don't know if the 2 cupped tires now in the back are causing the pull or not .

I believe my toe was at -6 on one tire I will have to check my paperwork but now both fronts are at -1.

At any rate I have 2 tires that are cupped with only a few thousand miles on.I am going to talk to the original dealer to see if they will step up to the plate for their bad work.

Markr

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the switch the front tire trick and the same thing happened so its not that simple(I wish)

Should I bring it to a dealer for a allignment? or is that too much $ and not much help?

Ford had to put a camber kit on mine under warranty, because the original alignment from the factory was out of specs. Camber is not adjustable without the camber kit.