Alignment

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, This is my first post in this forum but I have been reading it sence I bought my Trac in April and I have already learned alot. My question is how can I tell if my truck has the alignment kits installed. My friend works at a dealership and we can use their alignment rack after hours but I want to be prepared when we go to do this, also what specs do you use. My Trac is an 01 Job2

Most likely it doesn't if the suspension is still at stock height. You need to look at the two bolts holding the upper control arm to the frame on each side of the truck. There will be a large round washer on each side of the control arm mounting point, rather than a sqaure plate. The hole in the large washer is offset so that as it gets rotated it creates a "cam lobe" effect and pushes the control arm in or out to correct camber. If you're not completely sure, go to NAPA or Carquest and pick up 2 sets of the camber washers so you have them on hand if needed, then return them if you don't.

Caster will not wear the tires, SO try to set the camber as close to 0.0 and the toe as close to 0.0 as you can...

Some slight - camber on the drivers side is ok due to road crown and driver weight...

The machine will have the standard specs in it and will try to get you into the green zone on the screen..

Todd Z