alignment specs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Rutt

Reaction score
I have read thru some alignment posts and I saw some mention of a "prefered spec".

What is the difference between the "prefered spec " and what I assume would be a standard alignment spec for the Sport trac.

Ther seems to be quite a bit of negative camber on my Trac and I have a wear problem on the insde of my tires.At the last alignment check I was within spec -.9 degree neg. camber.

I replaced my shocks with Sensa- Tracs and am running Dueler Revos for 2 years nowand have had wear problems ever since.

I am considering switching to Monroe Reflex shocks before putting on new tires next time.

The prefered setting is what you want for best tire wear.

-.9 deg. negitive will cause inner edge wear even though it is "with-in specs".

Shocks can not cause inner edge tire wear, it's the alignment that's the culprit.

The specified range on my printout is -1.2 deg. to 0.2 deg.

The dealer said they would set the camber closer to the positive end of the specs if thats what I wanted.So I was thinking around -.2 deg.

Does Ford actually have a range for the prefered setting?

Last edited by a moderator:
-.5 is the preferred setting for camber.

Caster should have about a .75 split otherwise you will have a drift/pull, but he actual angle isn't too critical as long as the left side is about .75 less than the right side (that's what is known as the "split").

Toe is just as critical as camber, if not more so. It should be in .12 degrees.

That's the preferred setting, and I've been setting them there for years with great results.

Hal, I just had my alignment done and here are the final results

Caster---left 2.55

right 4.00

Camber left -0.69

right -1.14

Toe left 0.04

right 0.03

SAI left 13.75

right 21.00

included angle left 13.06

right 19.86

Are these correct and will it help stop the cupping on the inside edge of my tires

Not even close to preferred.

Inner edge wear and I'm surprised that you don't have a left drift.

edit

for what it's worth, the SAI/included angle reading couldn't have been measured correctly (maybe the brakes weren't locked when they measured it), because 6 + degree difference side to side is unheard of.

Last edited by a moderator: