airbag light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Dirienzo

Reaction score
I get a front airbag light on my 2007 sport trac. It comes and goes. Not really sure what problem could be. It usually happens when its cold outside. It will stay on until I restart engine then it will go off and stay off.

Guaranty its the Weight sensor in the passenger seat.

If you can get the code scanned go do it. But when the light is on, ITs cold and the seat is empty.

Make sure you shut off the truck and re start it so the light goes out. With the light on the Air bag system WILL NOT WORK if you have an accident.

ALSO check your battery !!! believe it or not a weak or old battery will cause weird lights in fords.

Todd Z

I had same issue in my 09. Weight sensor on passenger seat. After checking it all out, it was my battery. It was putting out 11.9 volts. Just enough to trigger errors. Put in new battery and never saw the error again.

I had the same problem with my 2008 ST. It was the battery. When the voltage drops below 12.0V when you start the truck, the airbag sensor comes on and stays on. If you turn it off and restart, the light will go away.

Since Greg lives in Orlando I doubt his problem is extreme cold related. I agree with others on checking battery condition first. There are some good videos on YouTube to help with diagnosis.

I agree with Todd Z, check your battery. I had the exact same symptoms, in the same conditions right before I had a no start because of a dead battery.

Latest posts