air box silencer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the air silencer does just that. You can expect to hear a bit more of a whoooshing sound when you accelerate without it.

It is just simply there to make the operation of the vehicle more quiet. Honestly, I didn't notice much difference when I pulled mine.

As far as benefits, you may gain a bit more power, a tad more MPG. Nothing to write home about, but a very simple way to gain a little bit...and free....

cheers,

Andy

Mine is out (with a K&N air intake).

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have it out (no choice with aftermarket intake....), since it will not pickup hot air from the engine as well; where as with the box; it straight from the outside.

But does it "really" make a difference ?

I could never get the airbox out. Even bent the inner fender lip with a crowbar trying to get it out. It doesn't want to leave. Some day I'll take a Sawzall to it from inside the airbox.

JohnnyO,

The air box can be difficult to remove, but the easiest way is to rmove the cover and take a large heavy duty screwdriver or pry bar and pry upwards to release the three rubber grommets on the bottom, they you can easily pull out the grommets that hold the box to the inside of the fender.

...Rich

Latest posts