Air Bags Stolen (Photo Added)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nelson, the Mazda 3 is very easy to break into, Mazda is aware of this and has a fix for it. I'll send you an email with how they do it. You don't even need tools, just your fist.

The police believe a "slim Jim" was used. They worked as a team to disable the battery as soon as the door was opened. It may have honked twice. Stock security systems are worthless.

Coastie...you have mail. It looks like you can get airbags cheaper than my deductible. I'm guessing these are used? Likely, I'll contribute to the crime spree by buying these, but I am cheap I guess. :(

Nelson,

How is buying used airbags by buying from a junk yard contributing to the crime spree?

Tom

Caymen - No, I mean the mazda 3 has a defect. Mazda knows about this and if you bring your vehicle in to them they will "patch" the problem. You don't have to break anything, you just have to hit the door in the right spot, do a google search and you will see his is a well known issue. I know all vehicles are easy to get into, but the Mazda 3 is easier than most. The fix is a plate that they stick on the inside of the door skin near the lock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Olaf,

I know what you mean. I was just simply saying it doesn't need a "defect" to make a car easy to steal. A brick will break glass and it works on all makes and models.

As a matter of fact, it also works on home windows too.

Tom

Caymen, Just making sure you knew what I meant, and I agree that it is easy to get into any vehicle.

There is no dent in my car. They didn't need to use the "defect" to enter the car. I doubt any criminal would bother, since even without the defect, the car is easy to enter, and the security system is useless. I may check on that free alarm offer though. Having a true alarm system may be a good thing to have.