Air Bags Stolen (Photo Added)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or are there certain things that we should expect to be provided equally to all members of a society, by the overall society, for the good of that society...things like protection, education, well-being?

Here's where we disagree. I don't think that everyone is entitled to be PROVIDED these things, but it would be nice that everyone has OPPORTUNITY to work hard and make good choices to obtain these things.

Gavin,

So you think better police protection, better education and better medical care should go to those with more money? Meaning the richest get the best; and by the same measure the poorest would get the worst or nothing?

Is that the America you want?

And you truly think that the poorest in our country have the same opportunity to work hard and make good choices that allow them to prosper?

BTW, Gavin, I'm still a Republican, I still believe in hard work, honesty, integrity and old-fashioned values. But I don't delude myself for one minute to think that EVERYONE in this country has the same opportunities. A majority of people in this country get the good fortune they have by "winning" the "I got good parents lottery".

Sure, I guess we can blame the parents, and we can then blame their parents, etc, but do we really want to be a society that punishes people for the sins of the father?

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the America you want?

My story is from Poland. I'm not sure if it applies to the US. Poland still holds onto some of the Soviet-style tactics. They take a dim view of any type of law-breaking. I am not sure if I received special treatment. I just said Tom's theory could be correct about money being a motivator.

I think it is over the top that they took DNA samples from my steering wheel though. I think whoever has done this pissed off someone way more important than me for that type of attention. I wouldn't be surprised if they are out in my neighborhood tonight watching the cars with night-vision scopes on their rifles. :blink:

Daughters car was broken into, radio and tanning salon lotions ($$$) were stolen. Police didn't even come to the house, they took the report over the phone.

Paris? I wish. Look two countries over to the right from France. If it is and old globe, it is stuck in between Germany and the USSR -- two countries that made Poland what is is today -- under-populated and poor.

Paris is nice, but I prefer Prague. No worries TJR. Hijack away. :)

I would take pictures of the damage, but my camera was stolen too along with the portable GPS nav system.

I would bet in Poland if you commit a crime then you would regret it. Here in the US, a criminal has more rights then the victims. They probably wouldn't even bother to prosecute someone for this type of crime. He would only get probation and a slap on the wrist. Want to do something about crime in the US? Get rid of the ACLU and all the liberals that cry our criminals are being "mistreated" if they don't live in "comfortable" jails.

If I was a cop in the USA, I wouldn't care if your vehicle got broken into or not. What good would it do to arrest the SOB? Cops aren't the problem. It's the system that's broken.

Cops aren't the problem. It's the system that's broken.

That is exactly my point from the beginning. The government, be it local, state, county, or federal, says we do not have enough police officers, but somehow they have enough to make money on simple crimes like speeding.

You need an officer for a burglary? It will take an hour for them to show up. Get into an accident and nobody is hurt, be prepared to wait.

All the while, there are police running radar looking for speeders.

I am not putting the blame on the police force, they are only doing what they are told to do. The system is broken and I am wondering if it ultimatly is money motivated.

Tom

There is no doubt it's money motivated. I know of some police departments that exist only because of the revenue generated from writing tickets. Here's a thought. Make cities turn over all revenue from tickets to charity. See how many tickets cops would write then. Problem is, there would then be a lot fewer cops.

TomT, that is a great idea. How about this one...

Take all the money from speeding tickets, divide it up between all people that paid city tax's and give each one a small rebate.

For example, the city got $1 million in traffic fines over a year. The city is 100,000 people. Each person will get a check for $10.00.

My favorite is the saying, "It isn;t about the money, it is about safety". The next sentence is "How are we going to spend this money?"

Tom

If the money for tickets went to pay for the roads here, I would gladly pay a fine. Some of these roads look like they were bombed by the Germans YESTERDAY! My car has something wrong with the suspension from the front wheel falling into a pothole. It now squeaks worse than my ST used to squeak. The wheels are damaged too. My car is getting beat to hell here in this city. I'd get a jeep, but I can't afford to fill one up at $6.00+ per gallon.

I hope not. My office is filled with Germans and Poles, and there aren't enough Americans to keep them from fighting. Besides Germans and Poles, there are two Americans counting me and one Dutch sailor. lol