Aig Bag Dash Light '07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Beil

Reaction score
Hoping someone has seen this before or a possible solution. I searched the forums and did not see any topics on this.

My Air bag light is staying on, the dash light, not the passengar bag off light.

No accidents, nothing should be wrong and i hate taking it to dealership, they rip you off but i think that is what I am going to have to do.

When I start the truck up the light is on, for the check, then goes off for about 2 seconds then comes back on and stays on.

I had similar problem a couple of months back and when I read the manual it said possible problem would be objects under seats so i clear everything out and it when off after restart. This time no such luck.

Thanks

Rob

It can be almost anything...

You really need the code to "try" to make a determination.

With the Gen 1 Tracs, it was common for the sensor in the front (by the bumper) to go bad. It is a combined sensor. Meaning, it does the right, left and front inertia measurements. So if any one of the three go bad, the sensor as a whole is defective.

Need to get the code..... with the light on the system is not working..... Sounds like a bad clock spring or sensor wire..

Todd Z

I beleive so... i dont think the fords blink a code...

Todd Z

I had the same issue on my 07 V8 and it seems to have been solved by the battery disconnect strategy. Something random I guess......

Yes, the Fords do blink a code. "Exactly" what that light does is crucial in determining the problem. If it goes through the start-up self check and lights continuous without blinking that is typical of low electrical system voltage. If after the self check it blinks a sequence of blinks then there is a fault. Count the blinks, a 2 digit code that is repeated several times, and post back.

Thanks steve...

Todd Z

Thanks guys,

I started it up again and watched very closely for blinking and no such luck. It illuminates continously.

I just dropped off at the dealership.

My gen 2 did the same thing, and it turned out to be the battery. I let it be for a day, and the next day it started sluggish. I replaced the battery and it fixed the problem with the light.

The majority of airbag issues that I run into on Fords is casued by the prestensioner (seatbelt buckle) adn most of the times it can be remedied by unplugging the connector and reconnecting it as they are super sensitive to resistance.

I just had the same issue a few months ago.....it was due to my weak battery....it went totally dead a few days later.....replaced it and no more airbag light.

Latest posts