Aftermarket Parts Illegal for registered vehicles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Sundown

Reaction score
Why is it that only regular registered motor vehicle owners will get summons, ticket for having say, dark tinted window any percent, loud mufflers, and any other thing the aftermarket industry throws our way. Why is it that the law enforcers and higher level officials what ever they may be can get away with it among each other. Why can't they go after SEMA instead of taking the easy way out and issueing tickets to the purchasers that don't go off roading with the products or for car show use only. Why??? For example, when I had my 64 Impala with hydraulics, every day police officers would ask me to hit the switches and give me thumbs up but then the day I got a $100 ticket at a stop light for 3 wheeling one had to pull me over and ticket me. tried to fight it in court but I already new the law that all wheels must me on the ground at all times. If they are going to be strict then be strict don't allow it one day and then not the next. It made me feel it was ok but then it's not. Does anyone feel the same or have an answer that is not convenient because of their title?

Why can't they go after SEMA instead of taking the easy way out and issueing tickets to the purchasers that don't go off roading with the products or for car show use only. Why???

Considering law inforcement is a Local Government...SEMA is backed by some major companies that fuel an industry that sells billions of aftermarket parts. Local police have no resources to battle them other than pulling over you and me and giving us a ticket. BTW...every car I have is modified with parts not designed for the street and I have never been pulled over and I'm 42! Even, my wife's M3 has illegal tint on it, no front plate, etc.

I got a $100 ticket at a stop light for 3 wheeling

That's the problem. Not that you have hydraulics and can bounce up and down and get in everyone's way.

but I already new the law that all wheels must me on the ground at all times.

If that is true then you should also know that you broke the law so quit whining.

As Caymen said its all "The Golden Rule" stuff...those with the gold (shields in this case) make the rules.

BTW: "But so-and-so is doing it!" is not a valid defense in any courtroom I have been to.

TJR

If I get a ticket for doing a burnout on the street, or speeding, or racing, I AM TO BLAME, no one else....

The laws are there for safety and other reasons, brake them and get tickets...

I had several cops always want to see the motor on my mustang at 7-11's... But they would pull me over if i smoked them leaving the parking lot...

Just the way it is..

Todd Z

Unfortunately I am not on your side. You acknowledge breaking the rules and the law and then complain when you get punished. The old 'don't do the crime if you cant do the time' applies here. There is nothing wrong with you modding your vehicle and I am all for that but you have to accept the consequences of those mods. The pro modders cars are legally trailered while on the public streets to and from shows.

Todd,

What if the cops gave you a sign to spin the tires?

For example, when I had my 64 Impala with hydraulics, every day police officers would ask me to hit the switches and give me thumbs up but then the day I got a $100 ticket at a stop light for 3 wheeling one had to pull me over and ticket me.

They supported him and even asked him to break the law.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Caymen,

Quite simple, I suspect that Jsundown is doing what so many others do that have a negative opinion of law enforcement. They are confusing the actions of certain individuals with the group as a whole. In this case, it seems that Jsundown is confused by how a few police officers can encourage his illegal activities, yet others can give him a ticket for them.

Now if in fact the police officer that wrote the ticket was also one that encouraged the illegal activities than I guess I can understand Jsundown's confusion. He didn't specifically say they were one in the same. If this were the case, maybe its a case of "good cop", "bad cop"...where the cop looked the other way as much as possible, but at a certain point simply had to give a ticket.

Either way...mess with the bull, get the horns; play with fire you get burned...pick your saying.

TJR

Law enforcing is a lottery. Every morning at the station, all the officers put all the registered vehicles in a big bingo-cage and draw a few out, then all day, those officers only goal is to ticket or arrest whomever they chose from the bingo-cage.

They also have two freebies a day they can use for out of jurisdiction people.

Thats how it works. Get used to it.

Or, realize what "cause/effect" is and when you knowingly break the law, be thankful every time you get away with it, not bitch and moan about the few times you don't.

What if the cops gave you a sign to spin the tires?

HAHAHAHAAH in NY ???? HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol:

They would tell you to do it, JUST to ticket you!!!

Todd Z

He also doesn't say that they asked him to three wheel. Just
ask me to hit the switches
Also doesn't state that he was on a public highway at the time. So, could have been in a parking lot and just raised and lowered the car.

Now, I realize that is pure speculation but you gotta work with what you got. And if you ain't got enough to realize that what you are doing is illegal and illegal means ticket, then you probably shouldn't be driving in the first place.

I have to except it. But my real statement was how law enforcement employees can get away with it either way and never have to see a ticket or day at court for it. And I know I should be lucky when I don't get caught. But why should that be? Why should I be lucky that I didn't get caught? Why is it as illegal as smoking weed or selling crack or murdering someone? The person's that responded by saying I shouldn't complain either has a PBA card or gets off on tickets or something to not see something wrong with the second sentence.

The guy working at dunking donuts gets free donuts at the end of the night...

The cleaning company employees get free cleaners for their house

The construction worker gets free materials for his house

The Cable employee here gets FREE cable and telephone and TV !!!!!

Called " job perks" or "freebies" or some times the employee steels it, then it is illegal.

So It is no suprise that the cops have the fireworks, their kids have the dirt bikes and quads and stuff that the average joe will not be able to drive on the street....

Every job has perks....

Me when i am slow at work, I get paid to sit at my desk, I can do whatever I want as long as I am not wandering around and I am still on site..

Todd Z

LOL Todd. Going to college I worked grave yard at a 7-11. The Sheriffs always came by and hung out. Why? I gave them donuts and coffee for free. I never got a ticket and the store was never robbed.

For the record, my vehicle is highly illegal. But I've never been pulled over or ticketed, even though I live in an area with a high number of officers and who have a reputation for being strict. Why? 'Cause I don't drive like an idiot or do stupid things.

Quote:

I got a $100 ticket at a stop light for 3 wheeling one had to pull me over and ticket me. tried to fight it in court but I already new the law that all wheels must me on the ground at all times.

What's the question again?:unsure:

Why is it that the law enforcers and higher level officials what ever they may be can get away with it among each other.

I saw Barney give Andy a ticket just the other night for parking next to a fire hydrant! :p

Why is it as illegal as smoking weed or selling crack or murdering someone?

:blink::blink::blink:

There are those who will tell you that all cops are just out to get you. In technical terms, that's a load of crap. There are dirty cops, dirty doctors, dirty lawyers, dirty teamsters, dirty plumbers and dirty milkmen. There are also plenty of people who go out everyday and try to be fair and do a good job. If you break the law and get caught and are then shocked when you have to pay the price, you need to go to the reality store and buy the biggest bottle they have.

The guy working at dunking donuts gets free donuts at the end of the night...

The cleaning company employees get free cleaners for their house

The construction worker gets free materials for his house

The Cable employee here gets FREE cable and telephone and TV !!!!!

Called " job perks" or "freebies" or some times the employee steels it, then it is illegal.

So It is no suprise that the cops have the fireworks, their kids have the dirt bikes and quads and stuff that the average joe will not be able to drive on the street....

Every job has perks....

Deuteronomy 25:4 authorizes stealing from your employer: Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.

Latest posts