Aftermarket alarm siren in engine bay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
The dude that installed my alarm said there is no space in the engine bay to install the siren, which is roughly a 4x4 inch cube, therefore he hooked it up to the factory horn. If you have an aftermarket alarm using the siren that came with it, please let me know where you have it installed. If you are uncomfortable revealing its location just let me know if it is indeed possible to install a siren of equal size somewhere in the engine bay. Otherwise I'm open to suggestions.

How about under the tool tray location on the rad frame rail....

Todd Z

MPtony, that was where he wanted to place it but on my 04 the siren protruded well over the fusebox and would've literally laid on top of it.

Good call Todd. I forgot about that space under my tooltray.

The guy seems to do quality work and is trustworthy so I doubt he was trying to avoid work. As for placing it in the fender, I'd rather not have it exposed to easy access.

I'll probably just live with the horn since it attracts more attention anyway, but there are circumstances where I don't want the arm/disarm honk. The fob does allow me to mute them temporarily but requires extra button presses that may be shortening battery life (I go through quite a bit of AAA). The installer offered to program it so that there is no arm/disarm chirp whatsoever, but there are also circumstances where I do prefer to hear them.

I installed mine out of sight behind the front bumper grille area.

When I installed it that day, my hardest decision was what to have for lunch.

ironbar - i work for Stinger Electronics. if anyone needs voltage meter terminals let me know im pretty sure i can get them on a deal. also you can find them on ebay. SXBTM for positive with voltage read out and SXBT for negative w/o voltage meter. those are the part numbers for the two i have.

I found space in mine behind the steering pump, between the engine and battery, but, the only way to mount it is to the underside of the hood and line it up so it closes without hitting.

Latest posts