Aero Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Gross

Reaction score
So I've been looking into exhaust options and I like the Aero Exhaust. I did some searching on here and saw a few posts but no one said anything as to how it sounds on our V6's. The clips they have on their website sound great but they are with V8's. I like this option too because its stainless steel. Thanks in advance.

Ian

I thought all the Aero exhaust that was installed here was on v6's....

Todd Z

On their website under the truck section it has an f-150 a dodge with a HEMI and they sound good but im worred that it might sound like a rice burner. Which would be a dissapointment after the amount of money spent.

I really want to go with something that is SS and will last. Flowmasters are aluminized steel and dont offer SS right?

if you want flowmasters than all you re buying is the muffler, you have to have a shop custom bend you your pipes! i dont know too much about the Aero exhaust system, i believe there are >1 members running them here so hopefully they will pick up here. i am running a dynomax exhaust, check them out!

Yeah i knew that flowmaster would be just the muffler the main thing is i want it to be Stainless Steel. I love the sound of Jeff C's but I have to pass emmisions so thats not feezeable.

Mike how does your Dynomax sound and what series muffler do you have, and is it SS?

I have the Gibson cat back, single in, single out. It's stainless and it sounds pretty good. I installed it in my driveway, no shop required.

ScoTt

FYI - I have a 2002 ST, stock w/ the Dynomax 19334 system. Ordered from autopartswarehouse.

Sounds great. Not to loud at idle or puttin'. Has a deep sound when you put some power into it. Does not sound like a ricer!

When checking out Gibson consider Magnaflow as well, all stainless cat back single in, single out, sounds nice not to loud at idle or cruising but when you put your foot into it you know its there. Me and a buddy installed it,with no shop and no problems, there's a project on it aswell. Depending on your state inspections, you could put on a y-pipe and a high flow cat, and that would be close Jeffc's exhaust sound.

To tell you the truth I really want to have the look that the Lightning has. After crawling under the truck it seems very feesable there isnt really anthing behind the plastic cladding right infront of the passenger side rear tire. The only thing is the pipe would have to go over or under the frame rail.... Over it might be tight fit but deff seems possible (with a heat shield) and under well it would then be visible and look bad. BUT putting the body lift on would make the space between the frame rail and the body that much greater. That was kinda more of my reasoning for going with the Aero its not a kit. I have the welder and you can buy pre bent pipe that you just cut to what you need so im kinda thinking this is the route that I might go.

Maybe Ill look into gibson just the muffler not the whole kit.

Herman- I had a Dynomax Catback on my last car and loved the sound but it didnt last too long even with me painting it with high temp paint I only got like 2 winters out of it before the muffler started to rust through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian, I have mine below the cladding, and I don't think it looks "bad". You can see it coming out in front of the rear tire.

[Broken External Image]:

Yeah Jeff I dont think yours looks bad at all. What size piping is that and what kind of tips do you have.

I was thinking I might be the first one to have it come out of the cladding. Plus it would look a little more stock, and Id be able to worry less about smashing it on a rock.

Yeah I searched and found that it was just old and didnt seem like the member was active anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts