Adrenalin to Dealer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam H

Reaction score
Took the Adrenalin to the dealer after my most recent trip to Jacksonville, Florida. The round-trip mileage is somewhere around 763-ish.

Anyway, I developed a shake/shimmies/vibration at highway speeds just barely, becoming more noticeable when I apply brake pressure. Could feel it in the wheel as well as in the butt, so I couldn't tell if it was a bad balance in the front or rear. Called them and they said that rotate and balances are covered under warranty until 12,000 miles and I am just barely under 6,000.

They said they would do a road test, rotate, balance, check the alignment and pinion lash angle. Why would they need to check the backlash?

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience. Will let you guys know what it all is.

Backlash and pinion angle are 2 different things....

Maybe they feel the rear diff housing is not properly mounted int he truck and the vibration your feeling is the angle of the drive shaft to the rear.....

Backlash is normally the play in a ring and pinion gear set.....That would give you more of a clunk, not a vibration..

Todd Z

I’ve got an 08 Adrenalin and before my first 6k, I had the same exact thing happen to me. I noticed it just after my first oil change/tire rotation. . . High speeds, slight vibration when applying the brakes.

I suspected it had something to do with the tire rotation. . .

They resurfaced the front rotors (no charge) and I have had absolutely no reoccuring issue. . . in other words, at least in my case, I believe they properly diagnosed and resolved the issue.

FYI, I was also experiencing the "tranny bump" as others refer to it (a jolt at stops) and while it was in the shop, they acknowledged a recall and reprogrammed the PCM. . . another proper diagnosis. . . the only issue I still have is the electronic fan clutch locking up, but I've been told there is nothing anyone can do about it. . . still investigating that.

(BTW, if you take it back in and you have SYNC, have them upgrade the software; the latest software requires a dealer install.)

Hmm... SYNC upgrade? I've been on that syncmyride.com site and it says there is no upgrade for mine. Interesting. I'll give them a call about it right now, they still got the truck :)

Latest posts