Administration Outsources Operations Of Six U.S. Ports To The United Arab Emirates

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dubai is currently our friend and helping us out in the middle east. OTOH, just because their government is friendly with my government doesn't mean that the people who live there are.

I agree the Dems are rank hypocrites for raising a bitch about it though after crying about the war for a couple years. Are middle eastern Muslim countries a threat or not? Which is it?

Can you explain which of those weapons he used on 9/11?

I am simply stating that what might be a good idea right now can be a bad decision in the long run.

Is it conceivable that our support of the Mujahadeen postponed a terrorist attack?

Can it be proven or was it just postponing the inevitable?

Is it conceivable that nothing would keep them from hating us so much? After all, it is required by Allah to convert us to Islam, tax us or kill us.

Why put ourselves in a position where we could be caught with our pants down again? Is it really worth it?

Should we allow our children to play in the street since there are not many cars driving on that street? If our neighbors child gets hit, do we still allow our children to play in the street because those kids were different? Our kids are smarter then that kid was.

Do we try to learn from the mistakes of others or do we have to loose more kids for it to finally sink it that it wasn't a good idea?

Of course, this is all Reagan and Bushes fault.

I don't think I ever said that. It can not be proven that it is, but can it also be proven it isn't?

I am not saying UAE is a bad country. I don't think they are bad people. I just think some things should only be staffed/owned/managed/etc. by Americans. Those that have a vested intrest in the country they live in.

Tom

Caymen - The ports in question are managed by a British company and I am pretty certain that one of our west coast ports is managed by Chinese interests. Granted, the British are not the UAE, but the point about American management, which I agree with, is weakened by the current situation.

I agree with learning from our mistakes.

According to an NPR report, approximately 80% of US terminals are managed by foreign interests.

There are multiple terminals in each port and the largest US company operates 7 of those terminals, The second largest US company operates one.

Audio link provided.