Addco Sway Bar Mystery (Reward If Sold)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swshawaii

Staff member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I was mis-shipped a Sway Bar from an Addco dealer this week. Fortunately for me, I do NOT have to return it. Addco will be sending me the correct one, direct.

Any way of identifying the model number or application it is designed for? The "mystery" Sway Bar is 1" O.D.

Addco claims to make over 1200 different models, but does NOT stamp or label them with any markings.

Any advice or help resulting in the sale of this Sway Bar will reward you 50% of MY selling price, probably on Ebay. More pics and dimensions if needed. Thanks.[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say look for pics of the 663 636 336 ......

Get what i am saying ???

Todd Z

Todd- Ya mean Addco Model numbers? Gotta be. Process of elimination, now. It could be a nice dinner for you and the "significant other". Thanks buddy !

Flip it on ebay with whatever #'s are on it. I believe you'd be surprised what It'll bring you no matter how little you know about it!!!

My third sentence in original post. If I knew the model number, I wouldn't be here. LOL

I need to identify from 1200+ different Addco Sway Bars. Dinner for two, anyone? :D

What i am saying is look at the numbers 633 mixed up... Maybe they looked at the wrong box and shipped you yours...

also go 632 and 634

Todd Z

631 Maybe??? did it come with all the hardware as in the kit in the picture? If it contains all the same stuff I would feel good with assuming that it is a 631. 631 is for a 2wd 1500 silverado 99-06. Sway bar kit 2121 is the same sway bar but the hard ware that comes with it is slightly different being that it it for the 4wd silverados. So that being said take a pic of all the included hardware and then the kit can be 100% pinpointed.

4ce5844edc11e3e88d5ac46e56bb594d.jpg

Don't know if macro pics or physical dimensions may help. I will post anyway, manana.

Would be very happy to split the "winnings" with any of you guys. I am NOT going to lose sleep over this. Thanks.

P.S.- The hardware shipped IS for the 633. ONLY (2) Brackets, and (2) bushings (1" O.D.)

Attn: Chase 01-

Your suggestion of an Addco 631 appears VERY similar to the mystery bar. Do you think Addco would disclose physical measurements to me? Either way, I'll call them.

Thanks. Hope YOU won a dinner. Will keep you posted.

bill barber,9/26/2009 15:02 PT

You got the wrong bar for your application, send it back, not really a major issue.
From swshawaii's original post:

I was mis-shipped a Sway Bar from an Addco dealer this week. Fortunately for me, I do NOT have to return it. Addco will be sending me the correct one, direct.

He wants to ID it to sell it...

Exactly, Mookie '03 (Thanks)

100% profit if I can figure out the model number or the vehicle(s) it's compatible with.

Latest posts