ABS system

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave King 2

Reaction score
01,4x4,60k. Just before coming to a complete stop my brake petal will go down 2 clicks (pulsations) and then brake normally. This started about 1 in 15 times and continued to where is does it all the time now. Fluid level has not gone down. No abs or brake lights or cel coming on. If I hit the brakes hard it stops normally. It only does it the last few seconds before a complete stop. Taking it to a local shop tomorrow to get diagnosed. They can hook up their equipment and road test it. They told me it could be the sensors and if that is the case I would need a new wheel hub because the sensors cannot be replaced. Is this true that the sensors, and bearings are all one unit in the wheel hub? It just didnt sound right to me.

The sensor is mounted on the spindle arm. The tone rings are on the bearing hub. The tone rings might be rusted between the slots. Or mud between the slots. Or sensor knocked out of place or going bad.

Our tracs have more rear sensors go bad than fronts.

No nothing has been done for a while. I was just wondering if the whole wheel hub has to be replaced if there are sensor problems. I am pertty sure its the front because when it happens there is a slight pull to the right. Makes me think its the left wheel pulsating. Would this require the replacement of the wheel hub because of sensor problems?

As you have the 4X4, yes, you will need to replace the entire assembly as the sensor is an integral part of the hub bearing...