ABS Not Working but NO LIGHT?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fezzer Mac

Reaction score
Have had both front bearings replaced on my 02 Sport Trac 4wd. Bearings were replaced separately, first the right and then about 5 months later the left.

Didn't notice or check right after the last bearing change but have now come to find that I can lock up the tires (skid) without any brake pedal ABS grinding/noise? The ABS light has not come on.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Fezzer

Check the fuses....

Does the light light up if you turn the key to on but do not start the truck ??

Could also be a bad ABS module or disconnected harness to the ABS unit under the hood..

Todd Z

Todd,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I checked and the ABS light does come on before starting the truck. Once started, the light goes out.

I'll check the fuses as well and will post findings.

I did just have Ford address the cruise control recall (new harness) but doubt that has anything to do with it?

I had a similar issue on my 03, it turned out to be the ABS sensor in the rear axle, it is somewhat of a common problem. My light was off and it would skid then after a few weeks the light would intermittently come on, when on the ABS would work, when the light was off my tires would lock up. Go figure.

I would go with the rear sensor then, IT probably is all in tact so the computer does not know it is snot sending a signal from the ring gear in the rear end...

Check the fuses and wiring under the hood to the ABS unit and the plugs that go to the wheel hubs...

If not change the rear sensor..

Todd Z

Latest posts