ABS Harness PIN# 19

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek F

Reaction score
OK, this is pissing me off now. I spoke w/ Jet Performance yesterday regarding where I should tap into the VSS wire on an '02 sport trac. They told me the grey & black wire at PIN# 19 of the ABS harness. I just unplugged the harness and removed the cap. There is no grey and black wire at PIN# 19. Only a solid black wire! Of course they are closed on saturday's so no support.

Can anyone tell me if PIN# 19 (solid black) of the ABS control module wiring harness is infact the VSS wire for a 2002 Sport Trac???

Thanks!

This is just plain rediculas.

I am so pissed off right now i can hardly type this. WTF is up wih this accu-speed thing?? I cut, added connectors and wired in the module as instructed to PIN# 19 on the abs harness. Same results as before. Nothing. The adjustment screw does nothing. Unplug the wires speedo still works correctly as normal.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THIS SHIT WORKS?!?!

and yes I know, I should have gotten an xcal2. However I don't have $400 for one or I would have. I spent almost every dollar I have on wheels & tires. I got this accu-speed module that was brand new from another member here for $40, thats quite a bit of difference then $400 and this thing is supposed to be designed to do the one thing I really need which is correct the speedometer. I don't understand why this is so damn difficult.

Can you run the wire through the floor and directly to the VSS on the tranny... Thats what I did on my mustang...

Todd Z

Derek, on an 04 the speed sensor wire is gray and black, maybe gray with a black stripe. It says it's pin 68 on PCM. Maybe this will help.

Gary D.

Todd, I have no idea where i would even be looking on the tranny, nor where I could run the wires through the floor at!

I'm sorry about going off earlier in my posts. I'm just beyond irritated with this thing. It was brand new in the box, so I doubt it's defective or anything. Once again I reconnected the black wire to the ABS control unit like it was. So its back to stock. Luckily for me I have used connectors on everything I have cut so I could connect it back easily. I just want this thing to work right so I don't have to guesstimate on speed!

Gary, yup thats what I have been told is grey with black stripe. I tapped into one in the dash, and that didn't work either. I called Jet and their tech support told me PIN 19 on abs control, grey and black wire. But there isn't one in pin 19 just black. And that one didn't work.

ARRGHHHH

If WFoy even did a group buy on xcal's would they be THAT much cheaper?? I can't believe i can't get a product that is designed to do EXACTLY what i need to work Just frustrating.

Derrek, Be patient, I am searching for you,

Came up with this for now

The VSS for my Trac was in the front right side under the hood along the firewall. You take off a bolt where there are a ton of wires. There is a 104 pin wire system there and in slot 58 or 68 there is a gray and black wire. Just tap into that

They mean the computer harness under the hood.

After reading more, I believe it is 68...

Another

The GY/BK wire should be in the black connector (C2100a) at pin number 14. Looking into the connector it should be on the bottom (with the locking tab up)) and the forth in from the right. If is not there, look at the back of the instrument cluster, the middle connector of three, should have the same wire.

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does the signal on pin 68 run from? The ABS? The tranny itself? I am just wondering if tapping into that one will yeild any different results then I have gotten already?

Thanks for the info guys, I guess I will give it another shot tomorrow on pin 68!

here is the PDF for stereo install from Audiovox

Hope this helps.. I have the install Cd for this.. so if anyone else needs this for thier year let me know..

Sal

Well it worked! FINALLY! It was infact PIN#68 on the main computer connector that got it working! Thanks for the help on this guys! I will be writing a project on it for anyone who needs the info in the future.

I have written one for the camber adjusters I installed too but I have not gotten any response from Rich on it yet.. *shrugs*