a sad chapter in my sporttrac history

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul caughman

Reaction score
this morning my sporttrac got stolen....they found it in a ditch somewhere all covered in mud..

they believe the stealers lost control and drove in a ditch, when they couldnt get it out they abondened and took everything out of it... my speakers, my amp, my satelite radio...everything...

but i got it back...so thats good

I hope the body was no too damaged,,,

Everything else will be replaceable for the most part.

It does suck though, leaves a bad feeling in your gut..

So how did it happen,,,

They can't start it without either a key or a bypass for the key? Just curious...

(There is another way, but then you also have to destroy the column to steer it).

they um took the keys out of my garage.. i was watch the alamo bowl last night and i had one of our garage doors open..and i believe they came in and took the keys then....i didnt notice it was stolen till this morning....the trucks fine just a lil muddy...it is a bad feeling

So, were the keys just hanging or laying in plain sight? And why would they think to look for the keys near by? Sounds suspiciously like it may have been someone you are acquainted with.

I guess you probably need to not leave the keys in the garage anymore. Ya think? ;):unsure:

Friggin sucks. Even more so if it's a neighbor. I hope the Trac isn't in too bad of a shape. Goodluck soundguy.

That does suck, At least it is back and now you can find a new place to keep your keys...

Todd Z

we think they might have come into the garage looking for stuff to steal.. and they saw the keys hanging up on the hooks...

but my tracs ok..just a lil dirty..but i washed it

Your lucky. Ranks right up there with my brother leaving his keys in his 645ci running. Ran into the bank for 30 seconds came back out and car was gone. The police found the GPS tracking device on the side of the road but no car.

I remember a few years ago when STERRIFIC had his heavily modded truck stolen.:( This thing was sweet, :cool:it had a very expensive aftermarket paint job, major stereo mods and other things. The truck was taken out of his garage. Steve was devastated. he got the truck back, but what they didn't steal, they busted up. It really sucked. We never really heard if they got the people or anything. Steve kinda faded away after that one.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

That sucks... Hopefully your insurance will cover some of the cost to replace what they took..

Look at it this way.. You can reinvent the truck again..

Robert,

You meant to say 'Dave', didn't you??? And he bought a Dodge when the ST got stolen, which is why he 'faded away'... They took his spare key (which was in the center console...) while the truck was being serviced, then they came and stole it from his house.

Robert & Krash,

Dave restored the Chromealusion Purpleen ST after he got it back, but it was on salvage title. He gave it to his son who is selling / has sold it. STerriffic's ST was awesome. You can do a search on Authors and go to his library to see pics of it, but seeing it live was a special treat as you walk around it and watch the colors change right before your eyes. Dave was able to do what he did to his ST because he and his family own several body shops in Indiana.

SeattleSportTrac, your brother must need serious psychological help. Left a 645ci running with the keys in it? Why didn't he just leave a bag of $80,000.00 in the parking lot with a sign on it that read "please don't take me"?

soundguy, sorry about your trac and glad you got it back! Access inside your garage means access to your house (unless you have a detached garage) Hope no other keys were on the key ring with your truck key. The other lucky thing is that nobody barged in your house to rob you, that would have been waaay worse.

Hi Krash,

My bad, you are right. For some reason *Steve* stuck out in my mind. Roger and Georgia was right about Daves 'Trac. Over at Rusty's place we would walk around and watch the colors change as you walked around. I never really heard what had happened to the truck after he got it back, if they got the dirtbags that stole it or what.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

You know, your insurance company is gonna think that you wrecked it, took all the stuff out they won't cover, and then reported it stolen.

Calm down, that wasn't an accusation, just goofing. Mine has been wrecked twice by other drivers, so I can sympathize. The first time, the other driver was under-insured so my company had to cover the whole thing . Nothing you can do about it. Possessions are replaceable. Like the others, the scariest thing to me is that they came into your living space to take the keys. Be vigilant, if they got a look at your possessions.

But, how much for the amp and speakers?

No, really, I'm kidding.