A Prius Brake Issue Adds to Toyota's Woes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does a Prius even need brakes? As fast as they go, can't you just wave a hanky out the window to slow them to a quick stop?

:smile0002:

TJR

I was in a new Prius the other day that had the high tech option. I have to tell you it was creepy.

When activated, it sees the car in front of you AND the lane lines on each side of you (by some sort of radar). If the car sways out of the lane, the steering wheel gently nudges you back in your lane and if the car you're following slows down, the Prius slows down too.

Was a weird feeling to have the car control those functions.

...and if the system fails, pushes you into a semi truck.

It was my cousins car and he didn't like it very much either and only showed my wife an I for a moment.

Then he reverted back to "old fashioned" driving. We all breathed a sigh of relief.

is it a BLLLUUUUEEEEEE Prius ???

Any one get that joke ???

Todd Z

Most of the Prius's I see on the road seem to to be speeding. Kind of like they are trying to make up for their inadequacies? :smile0017:

'Twill be a bluuuuueeeee Prius just zooming about you! You'll be dooooing alright in your Camry of white! But I'll have a blue, blue blue blue Prius!

Was that what you were looking for? :smile0007:

Dunham is correct... !!!

Todd Z

As far as I'm concerned, those Pirus' ( or is that Pri-i ) with the O'Bama, PETA, Green Peace and Coexist stickers can all play Soap Box Derby and hope they have enough room to coast to a stop.:smile0005:

Gives me some :smile0012: ideas when I see one in my rear view mirror!:smile0015:

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a 2010 in my fleet.

awesome vehicle. great quality, 45mpg with my heavy foot and if you were to look up 1/4 mile times, is there much of a difference between the 2010 prius and a 6cyl trac ????

Most likly not much, have driven one, they can scoot right along, bye the bye, the 2010 model is the only yr they may have a problem with.

Possibly the drive by wire system.

I prefer throttle buy cable system. I wonder how Balto ST is doing. Hopefully Shim is doing well.

Tom

I prefer throttle buy cable system. I wonder how Balto ST is doing. Hopefully Shim is doing well.

Tom

Latest posts