A little too graphic?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The old drivers ed films were pretty graphic as well. But they showed real dead bodies and burnt victims. Why were they all filmed in Ohio?

I agree. I remember seeing those when I was learning to drive. I remember looking away because they were soooo disgusting - I think it was called "Signal 30" or something like that.

Know what? I drove real good because of that video. :cool:

The more graphic, the better - kids need to be aware of the serious consequences - and not to pussy foot around the harsh reality of death. I think kids are pampered way tooooo much and most of them don't have a clue about the reality of life. Things aren't given to you in real life, you can't always get out of bad decisions in real life, sometimes you just don't win in real life, and death is final in real life. They need to take responsibility.

There, I feel better now. :D

Pretty well done and I agree it should be required viewing for every new driver. You would have to be a complete moron to ever text message while driving. Talking on the cell phone is bad enough and should not be allowed for new drivers especially.

And I don't mean to just pick on new drivers. One of the worst MVA's I ever made was from an off-duty cop that was distracted by talking on his cell phone (there was no texting back than) and rear ended a vehicle killing two 16 year old twin daughters that were riding in the cars back seat. Wish it had been filmed and everyone that buys a cell phone be forced to watch it.

We were shown 2 old projector reel films, "The Last Prom" and "Highway of Agony" when I took drivers ed in the late 90's. Those were pretty graphic too. I saw more graphic videos when I took my first responder course, i won't go into much detail on those though. I think overall the video might scare some kids into not texting while driving.

that video is great. They should make one where the girls collide with a tractor trailer because I see people swerving on their celphones all the time when I am driving for work in the tractor trailer.

I still remember the video I saw in driver's ed 26 years ago - primarily the broken bone that went through the cowboy boot, g'huh - nasty site imprinted in my brain.

Latest posts