A little too graphic?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George T

Reaction score
I personally think that this video is a little too graphic. I understand that text messaging is a problem, but I dont think there was a need for such a harsh video. There are other possible ways of making the same point and not being so graphic.

As an example...there is a anti drinking & driving music video, its called Untitled by Simple Plan...it gets the point out there without being so graphic.

What do you think about this video? Is it a good or a bad idea?

Just saw this on the pm news. ::IMHO:: GOOD JOB!!!! Someone needs to tell the truth instead of whitewashing things down as so not to "offend" or "scare" anyone. ALL of US need to pay attention to this and what could happen. Now if they would just make one for drunk drivers... I hope even 1 life gets changed by this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree it is very graphic, but I think anyone that is old enough to drive is old enough to see this. It takes something like this to hit home with a lot of people, not only teens. A local high school did a reenactment of a DUI accident on their football field. Very graphic, with bloody teens that had to be cut out of the wrecks with the jaws of life. There were police cars, flight for life helos. ambulances and hearse. Very intense. The whole student body was in awe. Everyone thinks it won't happen to them. The real danger of what will happen needs to be shown. They have to see something bad enough that it sticks in their mind. Maybe then they will stop and think. I just don't understand why they have to text when they have a phone in their hand and could talk and keep their eyes on the road.

I have to take a deep breath. To be honest, I knew what to expect, but I wasn't expecting it. Having been cut out of a vehicle after my crash, just a few months ago, this video brought tears to my eyes, and my hands are still tingling. Talk about an emotional roller coaster that video just sent me on. wow...just wow.

That being said, to address the question at hand - is it too graphic? My answer, regardless of my own issues, is no. No one needs to see this stuff, but no one also needs to live it. It could happen to anyone, even if you're not texting - look at me - but seeing the extreme consequences may get some kids to understand that they are not as invincible as they think.

I think I'm going to go make myself a drink...

Yea, I know what you guys mean. I also understand the importance of this. I mean I am in high school, although I do not text, since texting isnt included in my plan...I find it scary and shocking to see so many kids texting as they pull out of the schools parking lot. Not only is it illegal now in the state of Colorado not only for teens anymore, it is just plain out dumb to be doing that.

Graphic yes, but true, that vid should be shown in every driving school, every H.S.

And mandatory to watch when applying for your first D.L.

Is it graphic, yes, very much so.

However, in a modern world such as today where we, we being the USA in general, lose service men and woman every day and either no one cares or it means nothing speaks highly of how we as Americans have become "hard" if you will.

My point is, for most death is not very meaningful anymore especially when we are not directly affected.

I believe the video is perfect. And, if it saves your daughter or son, it is priceless...

Am Guilty also.

Long story short, driving down the HWY, cell go's off, pull over, stop, put the trac in park, hit the e flashers, take the call, is my hospital, gotta go to work.

CHP pulls in behind, lgts me up, give me a ticket for Cell phone infraction, but sir was not driving.

he explaines that had I actually turned off the engine that would have been okay,, but the engine was running, heres your ticket, have a nice day.:angry:

Bill, did that really happen?

If so, it should have been tossed from court.

My god, you pull over to do the right thing and get nailed....

That is very wrong, I am sorry to hear that happened to you.

As for the video.....what ever works....I think exting on a phone is more dangerous than drinking at the wheel.

However.....Agree 100% with Coastiejoe on Bills ticket....you weren't having a drink that was going to affect your driving after. That is retarded.That officer should be giving his head a shake before someone shakes it for him.

Not too graphic. Some teenagers today need a good wake-up call. A lot of them think the world revolves around them still. I have a feeling that sentiment is lasting longer into adulthood these days too.

Damn kids... lol

Just kidding, I think everyone should have a very clear idea of the consequences of texting/talkin on the phone while driving and this video helps to show that. Good on them for being so bold to address the issue in this way.

Hell, I've seen a LOT of police officers talking on their cell phones or operating their computer while driving. It is going to be a law here very soon, so shouldn't they be leading by example?!

Yes it really happend, our state is bleeding money bigtime< I cannot drive and talk on a cell, never have been able to do so, always pull over when I get a call or have to make a call.

(should get a bluetooth thing I suppose)

Than again i can tell you about the $500 fixit ticket I got awhile back for window, headlgt, tailgt tint and no front plate on the stang:angry:

Bill, that really sucks. Right now, you cant do anything wrong or have an illegal mod. Since states are short on money, cops are really really really stepping it up.

And everyone, now that I think about it, I kind of do see the need for such a graphic video. I guess at first I was just shocked and didnt like that it had so much blood and strong detail...but I see your point, that these kinds of details are the details that get through into our heads(the teens heads, since im a teen as well).

Colorado State Patrol has a real wrecked car from an accident which was a result of a drinking and driving accident which left everyone dead in the car...and they take it around to schools and just put it right in front of the school....it really gives us the chills.

So yea, I think ive changed my mind and I would have to agree that there is a need for such a graphic video since it is reality.

Some movies we see are more graphic. This is truth. If I had the power, no cell would text. No cell would work in a vehicle with out hands free...Wake up folks. Some of you are driving drunk with out the booze.

I can't believe that some think that this is graphic. Does it send a message...I think that it's targeted audience will make more fun of it than anything, hopefully I am wrong.

The old drivers ed films were pretty graphic as well. But they showed real dead bodies and burnt victiims. Why were they all filmed in Ohio?

No where near as graphic of the real photos in an email I got a couple of weeks ago. They were of a guy cut in half who was texting while driving.

Latest posts