a little FYI on front endlinks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray McIntireJr

Reaction score
If one is broken, say the nut end is busted off. Don't spend too long trying to back it out, go to the other side take it out and use the bolt out of the side that wasn't busted and a hammer and drive that sucker out! Maybe even take the tire off too.

Grinder or Sawsall or cutt off wheel work great..... ZIP... DONE !!! LOL

Todd Z

Grinder or Sawsall or cutt off wheel work great..... ZIP... DONE !!! LOL

Yeah, when my bushings died (cause I used the Moog endlinks on the Addco bar, don't) and they wedged themselves in the tube & bar so tightly that I couldn't get the effing endlink out, I didn't have one of those, and the hand-held hacksaw while on my back wasn't cutting it (lol).

A knife and a hammer did the job nicely though.

go to the other side take it out and use the bolt out of the side that wasn't busted and a hammer and drive that sucker out! Maybe even take the tire off too.

That works, but if you put the endlink on in the superior "nut-on-bottom" method, you'll have to hammer the endlink up from beneath the suspension, which would be a PITA unless the car was lifted.

To make things worse I was not very awake when I was doing this and I bet I wrenched on that sucker for 10-15 mins counting the resting time and the time to let the cramps get out of my forearms. Please no laughing out loud either.

Ray