A "FUN" math problem for the sport trac forum

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Donaldson

Reaction score
:D

This...

[Broken External Image]:

- (minus) this...

[Broken External Image]:

+ (plus) this...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

= equals?

:banana:

Thanks for all the help...it will be coming along soon, hopefully... Just hit a lot of little things and I went back to collage school (with out a car:( )

-Don D.

that looks like fun. I have always wanted to do that, but never have the time and didn't want to fill the garage up with some hangar queen that would never get finished. I retire in a year, maybe then. Good luck, can't wait to see the finished product.

Cool deal man...... Take plenty of pics and write down everything needed.......

I am sure we will see more of this as the St's get older...

Great job so far...

Please keep us posted !!!!

Todd Z

Very cool! I'm stoked to see how this goes, please keep us updated.. I too would like to know where that motor came from. Beautiful pup also! I have a brindle Am Staff.. ;)

I actually have 2 explorer 302's at the moment... When I was buying the donor car I had 3 that I had looked at and ended up buying the cheapest... well I forgot to check the door and bought an early "job 1" 98 explorer. the 98.5 had the returnless fuel system that we have. So in my effort to source new pcm, fuel injectors and fuel rail I came across a 2000 ford 302 that had only 40k on it. I did not have the money to build the motor, but all the gaskets and seals have been redone including the rear main. Also the oil pump and a lot of little things are new like the thermostat. I also had the intake powder coated green... If the truck is ever finished I hope to name it The "Mean Green Sport trac'in machine".

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
...The dog belongs my friend Delmon who has been helping me on the project. With out Delmon's help and his place the project would have been a disaster a long time ago. Probably the coolest part of this project is all the people I have meet and have been happy to be apart of it. The only bummer is I went back to school in south FL (at FAU) and the truck is in the very north of FL.

:D -Don D.

Great project. This is what the gen 1 trac should have been. There are so many options for performance with that motor. Very durable also. I hated to see ford drop the 302. I would consider the motorsport E-cam before you drop it the motor in. It is a very nice emissions legal cam. Or if you dont have to worry about emmisions go with the motorsport B-cam. Either cam is a great addition to the 40P heads. Very streetable.

Does the motor have the 40P heads, it should? What headers you plan on using? If long tubes wont fit. I would consider eqaul length shorties. They will help the 40P heads do their best work.

I like the colors. Will look good with your trac.:cool::D:banana: