A Christmas Idea

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
With the way things are these days, I think this would be a kewl idea for Christmas this year. So, start saving up your cans :)

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Now that the economy is in the crapper and we can't afford to do some of the things we use to do, this is a prime example of having way too much time on your hands.

Gotta admit, it's kind a purty when its all lit up...:)

Our office does a special "green" thing and donation fund drive called "canstruction" They make buildings, models, things like that out of cans and donate all the stuff to th needy...

Todd Z

Building something like this would take some time with cutting all the wire, drilling the holes etc. I know in some states, the cans are worth 5 cents.....so after xmas, you could recycle the cans and have some extra cash instead of just throwing a dead tree out for pick-up.

I've seen those buildings and stuff made from cans.....pretty kewl.

You could use beer cans as well :)

The wiring for the most part would be safer on something like this instead of a real tree and the chance of it going up in flames inside your house. I would use only the mini type bulbs on a can tree like this.

I'm thinking about doing a Coca-cola tree since I drink a hell of a lot of coke :) Plus, I'm a major Coca-cola drinker and collector of Coke stuff.

PharaoH......

I thought about that too :)

I figure I'll have a bunch of free time since my company is shutting down for a week at the end of the month and again for the last two weeks in December. As it is right now, we are only working 32hrs per week.

A company that is using one end of our plant just filed bankrupsy and they were paying 35 K per month for our lease. Now my company has to pay the full amount and there is a good chance we are going to have another major lay-off next week because of it.

You'd really need some strong wire if using bottles......but, running the lights down into them would prob look pretty kewl when lit.

Those pix are from someone else that has done this....not me...but, I'm thinking about doin one this year with all the free time I'll have the rest of the year. :)

I think it would be more Redneck if you hung them around the eve's of your house :)

If I decide to do one this year, i'll be sure to post pix of it.