A/C killing Engine

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
I have poste this before but I have found some new info that might help someone else help me. When I turn on my A/C it tries to kill my engine, with the RPM's going down from 500 to close to 0. I can also hear the compressor clicking on and off. I first thought it was my IAC, which I replaced today, but it didnt seem to help any. So I tried to find something and I found this "Sometimes an engine will experience a stalling problem when the A/C compressor is engaged. Normally, the PCM should increase the idle speed to compensate for the added load on the engine when the A/C is on. But if the A/C signal fails to reach the PCM because of a communications glitch between the A/C module and PCM, the PCM may fail to increase idle speed causing the engine to lug or stall". Could this be the problem, and if so, could it be my tune from the XCAL2? please help, I would love to have my A/C back :(. Thanks.

Boodro

Boodro, do you have an Xcal2 ????

IF so, can you change optional parameters ????

IF so, Raise your in drive and neutral idle to 750-800, it will cure that issue....

My tune and Paul's tune were both set idle at 650..... IT sucked...LOL

Changed that and now the trucks don't hesitate at all with the A/C...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with Todd on this as you do have the X2. The other option, remove all tunes and see if it corrected. If so, then you know it has to do with either the tune or the X2 and then go from there...

Latest posts