A/C hiss on acceleration- '08 Adrenalin V8

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Maurer 2

Reaction score
I have noticed a strange phenomenon on my ST- when the A/C is blowing hard and I step on the accelerator, a hissing noise in the interior begins and is linked to the accelerator- it gets louder if I step down and goes away when I ease off. The hiss seems to come from the front passenger footwell. Its become quite annoying and I have no idea what it could be. Hiss has been there since I bought the truck- had 7000 miles when I got it and now has 8500.

Sounds like a vacuum line is loose under there.......

Todd Z

yea, probably a vacuum problem. I think they will have to take the whole dashboard off to narrrow it down.. good thing it's still under warranty!

I just had the same problem and licked it. ( sort of ) my prob was a loose vacum connection above the passenger's feet. I climbed under there, had it running and was able to put the hose ( which was acually a t with two other hoses going into it, back into this 3 inch wide cylinder type thing. Problem solved.

Latest posts