A/C fan won't turn off

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat Freeman

Reaction score
Hi Folks! It's been a while since I've been on the forum. I had no issues with my ST until today. I have the dual-zone A/C and it's a 2007 Limited 4x4. When I press the OFF button on the dual-zone climate control, all the lights go off onunit, but the fan stays on, seemingly blowing neutral air at a fast speed. When I turn the dual-zone on and set it to the lowest fan setting, it will not turn down. The only way to get the fan off, is to turn the vehicle off.

I did a quick search but came up with nothing. This is a strange problem. I haven't tried pulling fuses, breakers or disconnecting the battery yet. I just came in and wrote this message. Any ideas?

Pat

How many miles do you have? I'm not sure on how to resolve your issue but you might want to take it to the dealer only if your under warranty.

Hey Pat.... Hope all is well....

Sounds like the High Relay is stuck....... Find that and pull that....

Todd Z

How many miles do you have? I'm not sure on how to resolve your issue but you might want to take it to the dealer only if your under warranty.

Hi All and greetings from Eldersburg, MD! I'm doing well and everything has been status quo in my life so far. So, I can't complain!

The truck has 66k miles on it.

Todd, thanks man, you were on the money. I yanked the blower motor relay and that stopped it from blowing. I got the number from it so I'll have to start my search for the replacement: 4F1T-14B1922-BA H8QTB

Pat Freeman

Glad I could help...

you may try simply smacking the relay on the ground, it may unlock..

Also that relay may be used in the truck for the horn or other things..you may be able to switch it out...

Todd Z

OK, I tried swapping the relay, with the one next to it, labeled for towing battery charge, and had the same part number. The blower motor stayed on full blast with this relay. I think the problem is not the relay, unless there is another relay somewhere. Nothing else in the owner's manual points out a relay related to the blower. There is a 40A fuse on the blower and it's fine.

Is it possible that the problem is actually the Climate Control module itself?

Hey TrainTrac - He's done with all his physical therapy after the hip replacement in November and gets around with a cane. Unfortunately, his eyesight is completely gone and they can't repair it. Apparently, some time after the accident, he lost a lot of blood pressure either during the accident, chopper ride, or in the trauma center. He was put under for so long that they don't know exactly when it happened but his optic nerve fibers are shot and there is no way to repair them, unless he was chosen for stem cell therapy. Due to his age, that probably won't happen. So, he's not a very happy guy anymore. It's a shame, but I visit him often to help him out with things when my step-mom can't. It's been 2 years on Saturday since the accident.

Sorry to hear that. Is he getting therapy to learn how to live with his loss of vision? Tell him to not let it stop him. He's alive, and can do many things! My father-in-law lost his sight at age 26 with a wife and three small kids. He was a carpenter, so he was scared to death about being able to provide for his family. After getting over the shock, he pulled himself up by his bootstraps, went back and got his undergrad degree, and then went to law school. He was the first blind student admitted to the University of Illinois School of Law. He went on to enjoy a successful practice for over 25 years. He water-skied, golfed, and even taught his kids how to drive, all after he lost his sight.

I wish all the best for your dad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, he's gotten help from the institute of the blind, but my step-mom is always trying to help him, so he really doesn't get much of a chance to do things on his own. Last time I was there, he could get up the stairs to the bathroom without any help. So, he's doing well as far as I'm concerned. He's just really depressed and on anti-depressants.

It sounds like your dad really did take the bull by the horns! That's GREAT that he was able to do all of that with no sight. Amazing! I hope my dad comes around. Thanks for checking up on him.

Just took it to the dealer today since I didn't want to get into pulling the dash apart. They just called and said that the Electronic Blower Speed Controller is the culprit, which will cost me $256. I authorized it.

Just picked the ST up. Works perfectly, now. Here's the actual damage:

Electronic Blower Motor Speed Controller 6L2Z-19E624-A $66

Labor $161.50

Latest posts