A Better Thermostat Housing?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith S

Reaction score
Is there a better thermostat housing than the OEM plastic one? This will now be the second time that the housing has cracked and spewed coolant all over the engine compartment. Both housings were OEM and purchased through a Ford Parts Dealer. 2007 V6 ST.

Thank you,

Keith

See recent pages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Steve. I found a discussion on this before but the last post was made in 2013 so I thought the product never was completed. This is awesome and will be a definite thought now to purchase; going on the third plastic housing.

I posted a few months ago DORMAN makes one that is way superior also,,

Todd Z

I put a Four Seasons brand housing in my 2001 last summer. So far so good. Looks like they make a version of it for the 2007.

The BEST thermostat housing is produced by Simmons Autosports. It is cast aluminum and produced here in the states. I installed one on my Sporttrac at Thanksgiving and had to order one for the wife's Mustang last night. Jonathon is a good fellow and has done what Ford should have. You can purchase the housings on ebay or his website.:haveabeer: