9sec 1/8 in ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ray moyer

Reaction score
Can anyone help on mods that would get me into the 9second area

im running a 10.3 but im sure i can do better.

reaction time is usually around a .6 - .7

i got

zabteck true Cold Air Intake

zabteck performance throttle body

Straight exhaust

full synthetics throughout

SCT tuner

getting ready to order all the pulleys from Zabteck

Get rid of the the straight exhaust. Go for a high flow muffler that will hold some backpressure. To preserve more low end torque.

If you have 4;10 gears, go to 4;56 or more.

I have the 42 code so i have the 4:10 nonlimited slip

um, i will be geting a flowmaster 10series muffler or cherrybomb extreme or whatever the cherrybomb one is called lol the single chambered one

um... dont kno where the 1000lbs would come from....?....

ima remove the spare tire, but dont kno where any more weight would come from...

reap,

imo, don't go crazy. the trac is really a far shot at gaining performance for the money spent.

it has alot going against it for any type of performance numbers. the mods we do gain sooo little.

i ran my 07 fully loaded 4x4 limited in a 16.2 1/4. :lol:

You can do it reaper, hit it with a 75 shot of nitrous (but beware, nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs, you wanna hit it but are afraid of the consequenses)

is going to take more ponys, or less wgt.

ill figure it out... ill see what i can do with the pulleys, new wheels, and muffler...

i really dont want to spray cuz it wears the motor faster so ive been told...

a 10 second 1/8 is about 15.9 or so 1/4 mile...

Jeff C ran a 15.5 1/4 in his 2wd ST which is about 9.8 1/8......

I think you need a lot more mods, Jeff has everything bolt on other then FI or NOS.... He even lightened the truck to around 3,200 or 3,400 lbs...

The ST is a heavy Truck, not built or designed for 1/4 mile runs.....

My 03 weighed in at the track at 5,300 lbs and ran low 16's...

Rachel's 04 was 4848.... It ran a 1/4 in the 17's....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaper...

(not really sure if its worth it just to get it)

Other areas that can be cut out just for race time to reduce weight....

Take off/out:

Spare tire

Bed Cover

Tail Gate

Rear Bench Seats

Front Passenger Seat

Any unneeded heavy stereo equipment

Put on lighter tires/rims

take the passenger head light out (Idk if it will help, but could to get more air maybe)

Or do some more bolt-on's

Try smaller tires for your runs. A smaller diameter tire is an easy way to reduce the effective rear axle ratio. Assuming your original tires are 255-70R16s, going to a 255-60R16 would make the truck feel like it had a 4.40 rear axle ratio with the original tires. Going to 50 series tires would make it the same as a 4.74 rear axle ratio. Easier and cheaper than an axle change. And get some steel spare tire rims for your drag tires. Although I'm not sure about the Sport Trac, they are usually lighter than the cast aluminum wheels.