60k Maintenance ?'s

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek F

Reaction score
Hey guys just a quick question on a couple of items of maintenance that is normally performed (per the book) @ the 60k mile interval.

I plan on handeling the oil/filter change, the air filter, the fuel filter and general system check myself on my ‘02. The transmission was recently flushed & filter replaced. However the book lists to: lube the 4x2 ball joints, lube the steering linkage. Lube the 4x2 wheel bearings & replace grease seals & adjust the bearings.

I have never performed these lubrication & bearing adjustment items myself. I was wondering if anyone could provide any help/tips/information in regards to these. Should I try to perform these myself, for the knowledge and to save myself the money now and on the next interval? Or do these items need to be performed by a dealer/mechanic? Any special tools etc?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I can make it easy for you.....

There are no fittings to lube on t front end, IE: ball joints, steering, rack, etc.

Don't waste your time with the front wheel bearings until you change the front brake pads. You have to take the complete brakes apart to simply grease the front brgs.. I would waite till you need brakes...

Todd Z

The ST diffs are synthetic fluid and are 100,000 mile change intervals. I still change mine every 30-60 any way,,

Todd Z