$600 and still not fixed!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe G 2

Reaction score
Im pissed. As some of you know from my previous posts I had a blinking O/D light. Took it in to Ford the very next day. Had the following work done.

CA Plate - Control Valve Body Separator Replaced

AB Solenoid Asy Replaced

Gaskets and Filter

3rd Gear Shift Solenoid Replaced

Fluid

$567.77

My wife picked up and drove it home, O/D came on again blinking. Drove it back to Ford. Now they are saying its a the Intermediate Band and cant give me an estimate until they pull the tranny and check for sure. This sucks! Service manager said it could be a $1,500 bill for the fix. Now Im looking at a $2,000 total bill for this. Im wondering if te above work they did was even needed? I wish I knew more about transmissions. i doubt Ford will even warranty this work, what do you think?

I think I would tell them to take the first 500 off the bill since they did not fix it "right" the first time..

Todd Z

Id drive it thru the window in the middle of the night, and say " here's yer f!#$ing transmission! "

Tell them you tried to pull up to the stall, and it just kept going! Rofl.

I'd be pissed too, to say the least. I agree with Todd's suggestion and request them to take the $567.77 off the bill since they did not fix the problem. I would approach it from the standpoint that they should not have ever returned the truck to you with the light continueing to come on. If you don't seem to get results with the service manager try calling the Ford Customer Service (1-800-392-3673) and see if they will step in and help.

Edit: Added phone number

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Maybe present your case as an "offer". Tell them that they obviously did not fix the problem, and that you could have gone anywhere for "guesswork", but you went to Ford for their experience with the make, their access to central knowledge data and the Blue Oval certification that gave you not only an expectation of quality, but a feeling of confidence in their ability to diagnose and correct the problem. Then ask them if removing the parts they replaced would negatively affect the car. (They should see where the conversation is going.)

Explain that you are not in the habit of rewarding any one or business for not doing what they said they would and you don't think it's responsible for them to then charge you for a failed learning experience for their mechanic. Tell them that you understand there is a cost to them for removing the new parts and that you don't want them to suffer needlessly. Since it is the mechanic that is in error, offer to pay for the new parts that you have, but not the labor (they can take it out of the mechanic's pay as a "learning experience").

It's not ideal, but I doubt they'll agree to refund the full amount and they can't really argue with the logic. Of course, they can always say "no".

Just an idea.

Latest posts