60,500 mile automatic computer reset?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Kong

Reaction score
I started up yesterday and noticed my scan gauge was blank, then blinking. After a couple minutes, it was fine. Coincidentally the mileage was 60,500 miles ('05 XLT). Was this a reset or something? Everything was fine after that.

Is there anything I should have checked now that I am past the 60,000 miles mark and off the factory warranty?

Nothing like that i know of......

At 60K your due for a bunch of fluid changes, filters, and checks.....

Todd Z

There seems to be a problem with the scan gauges working with Fords. I sent mine back for warranty repair for the gauge. They said that they are going to add a component to make it work on Fords and they are waiting for these parts to arrive. Mine started to shut off and then come back on, and the the trip functions would not work. The gauge said that I used 125 gallons in one day, average speed for the gauge was 125 mph.

This is from the manufacter that makes the scan gauge.

We have recently found a trouble with Ford vehicles communicating with the ScanGaugeII. We have found a component that we can add to the ScanGaugeII to allow it to function properly with your vehicle. You can send your unit in to our repairs department to have your ScanGaugeII repaired.

Robert

have been all over the Scangauge site, cannot find the above anywhere (do you have a link?)

have had 4 scan gauges, never an issue on any ford product. and thats over about 6 yrs.

Occasionally, my scan gauge will not come on automatically when I start my Trac. It happened to both my ScanGage, and my ScanGageII. Whenever it does this, if I turn it on, it will turn back off about a minute later. In order to make it stay on, I must unplug it from the ODBII connector and plug it back in and let it re-configure itself. Kind of annoying, but at least it stays on again. I don't know why it does this. It is usually quite a long time between instances of when it does it. :wacko:

My gauge worked perfect for over two months and then would shutoff and then come back on. Sometimes it would shut off and you would have to disconnect it and reconnect it so that it would link back up with the computer. The trip functions stopped working but the gauge functions still worked. After some e-mails to linear logic,they said to send it to them for warranty repair. This was their e-mail address [email protected]