6 disc CD player

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Morrow

Reaction score
My wife just got an 07 fusion and I'm not sure what I'm missing but I cant seem to load the stupid CD's into it. The manual says hit the load button then 1-6 for the cd slot and I do but the cd still will not load. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how to make it work. Thanks!

As noted, once you request a slot the internal tray will move so that it is aligned with the door. The door will them open and you simply place you disk in the opening.

There are 2 fuses, pull them both and it will reset the radio to "default."

Then reinstall the fuses and see if that helps. Had to do this with the early 6-pack radios...

i took both fuses out and all that did for me was reset my clock, cds still will not load? not sure if im just that much of a moron (like to think im not) or something is wrong with the cd player?

I've also noticed when I use the steering wheel controls and hit Media it goes through am/fm and line in, but skips over cd. Is this b/c there is no cd in or is it not seeing the cd player?

You'll know when you can load your CD because the little CD icon (1-6) will blink when it's ready to accept the CD. Your steering wheel control won't come up with the CD unless there is a CD in the player.

I think something is wrong with it then. I hit load, then 1-6 then the cd icons go away and nothing happens. I'll take it back to ford since we just got it monday and its under warranty. Not gonna waste my time for something they will hopefully do for free.

The CD player in my '07 LMTD was kinda doing the same thing, I know I had 5 cd's in it, but the thing would not load or eject and said "no cd". I ended up pulling the whole thing out and taking the face off and blew the connections out, put it back together and it worked fine. But see if the dealership will do it!