5.4l triton

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Adkins

Reaction score
My buddy has a 2005 F-150 with a 5.4 triton engine. Going down the interstate the other day, pulling his lawn care trailor, the truck went dead. After checking it out, he found that the battery was ok and all electrical to be functioning, but could never even get it to turn over. He towed it to Ford dealership, and after some prodding, they informed him that the engine had seized up. They claim that, that particular model had this problem, that the injector or injectors sometimes would remain open and inject too much fuel into the cylinder or cylinders and would cause this to happen.

Does anyone have any info about this???????

Thanks

Bob

The exact same thing happened to my pastors 5.4L. F-150. He was comming back to Houston from Oklahoma. Had to buy a new engine. I have heard of spark plugs blowing out. This was a new one to me.

Yup, on the 05 that is a common issue. Ford will extended the warranty on the injectors and will pay for any additional damage from the hydro locked engine.

Under Ford Customer Satisfaction Program 07M08 my truck qualifies for injector replacement and all collateral damage, in my case a hydro locked engine. This program extends the warranty period of all 2005 5.4 liter engines to 11 years, 120,000 miles.

It just happened to one of the moderators a the site linked below:

The exact same thing happened to my pastors 5.4L. F-150. He was comming back to Houston from Oklahoma. Had to buy a new engine. I have heard of spark plugs blowing out. This was a new one to me.

Fast Eddie - spark plugs blowing out was on the pre 2004 model F150's, the problem on the 04 through late 07 models is that the two piece design plugs break off in the head when they are removed.

Latest posts