4x4 activation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom buczkowski

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered but I could not find it in a Projects search! I have an 01St 4x4 and the dash light doesn't always come on when the 4wd is engaged. I tried it on some stones and it seems like the 4wd IS working any thoughts????? Thanks Tom

The 4x4 module controls the dash lights, as well as being a relay for the transfer case motor. That's the click you hear when you throw the switch to put it in 4WD.

Maybe just a loose connection on the module or on the bulb, since it is going into 4WD. However, I'd keep a close watch and ear to whether you here the click every time you throw that switch, because if it starts to get intermittent, it could leave you high and dry real quick. The switch is behind the plastic trim in the passenger foot well. There's a project on how to change it out...

Just about to post that I took the harnesses out of both the inside module and off the motor on the transfer case and cleaned all the connections real good and put it back together and all is working well for now! thanks everybody ,again!

Latest posts