4G vs 8G for kids tablet

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Hartwig

Reaction score
So, my kids are asking for a Kurio Touch tablet for xmas. Looks like it is some kind of kids tablet with game apps, educational apps, camera, etc. I can choose 4G of memory for $99 or there is one with 8G of memory for $149. I am not very computer smart so... I get its twice as much memory but is it worth the extra money? Will they use up 4G on a bunch of games and educational apps? Does taking pics also affect that memory?

If it is an Android tablet, get as much memory as possible to start off with. Android only allows documents (pics, ebooks, data etc) to be on the external SD cards and only some apps will be allowed to be installed on the SD card.

A couple of games will fill up a 4 gig tablet.

I don't know anything about the new Windows tablets..

freeport,

I agree with the others...Get the most memory that you can afford in a Tablet computer. They have no hard drive, and usually cannot be upgraded. If you find that your kid needs more memory later, you are stuck. Like doctorcad said, many apps can not be run from SD card memory...most tablets use SD cards only for storage of data, pictures, music, files, etc. and some do not even have SD card slots...so you may be limited to the memory in the Tablet.

It appears to have the Android operating system (very good), but I'm not sure what version. There are plenty of apps available at the Google Play Store...although not necessarily apps for children.

...Rich

Latest posts