4 X 4 Decal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Beals

Reaction score
I know this is not a life changing modification, but I would like to add a 4x4 decal...any suggestions on the best type to go with and where to place it?

I have seen the newer STs have a logo in horizontal alignment with the Ford Logo and the ST name plate roughly centered across the tailgate. I have an '04, and was thinking of placing it in the lower Rt of the tailgate, but would love to have some suggestions and even see some pics.

i have an extra one,

online they run about 20 plus shipping,

i could give it to you for free, doubt shipping is that much.

i love mine as showed in the pic above.

Gen.. 2 4x4 emblem beats any other

That is pretty much the layout I was thinking of, its nice to actually see it.

I really appreciate your offer and would love to take you up on it. If you find shipping is too much or whatever, just let me know. I had not planned on spending 20, but I would be happy to pay you something.

I am sending an email to your aol, my mailing address is in the sig.

Thank you for the quick and helpful reply!

I would like to get the Irish flag decal but I can't find any... its not a flat decal but more like the factory badging they use. I think you attach them with 3M tape...

steve: thank you for clearing that up.

rmcalis: they actually dont but you could customize one

yourself by simply purchasing the numeral emblems.

I thought I remembered some older Fords having a 4x2 emblem. Check these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-91-Ford-F150-F250-Truck-4x2-Fender-emblem-88-89-90-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem335e2c9e38QQitemZ220623314488QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I've always wondered what the purpose of "4x4" stickers were. I'm sure no one in the general public could give a shit less whether someone's truck is a 4x4. The only time, I suppose, it would matter is if someone stuck in a snowbank scans vehicles passing by and sees a truck with a 4x4 sticker and runs to solicit the driver for a tow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark K- More so for 4 x 2 vehicles. What for?

[Broken External Image]:

The generic, less "busy" look. Just a personal preference.

Would delete the license plate and inspection sticker, if I could. LOL

Steve, as much as we think alike you must be ma brotha from anotha motha! :grin: :grin:

I also removed the "EXPLORER" from the front doors.

af7aa2f100ab9a3fac5e9823f38deb6f.jpg

Very nice Trac Steve M. Amazing for a salvage, nice work.

My '05 came without the "Explorer" side badges.

All yours needs is an Oxford White paint job.

:bwahaha:

I like this look too...maybe the graphic is a bit too large for my taste, but looks good. I like the body colored cover. I like it, but I bet I am not willing to pay for it!