4 wheel Drive.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Hallum

Reaction score
Last summer I had to replace my 4 wheel drive modular. Got my 4 wheel drive back to working again. A few weeks ago I noticed when I switched the 4 wheel switch to 4 wheel high no light came on . I cleaned the connection on the modular box and the light came on. This morning I turned the switch on no light or 4 wheel drive. cleaned the connection again. The light came on and the 4 wheel drive went to working . Drove around town for about an hour in 4 wheel and everything work . parked it a couple of time but never shut the motor off. Got home parked it in the garage a hour later I got in it to go town again no light but it is in 4 wheel drive, What do ya'll

think is wrong. The modular or switch

Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
Very possible the jack on the harness. Is not seating tight on the contacts. Could be a wire in the jack is not tight in its metal connector. Or one of the wires is backing off when pluging it in.

I would inspect ecah wire in the jack, very carefully. I dont have 4x4, but. I have had these issues with other jacks. One in particular, was. The jack on my '94 'stangs rad fan. The small one way barb was broke. Letting one wire back off, out of the jack. When plugging it in.

Just something to look at. GL......

Latest posts