4.0 Engine and 5R55E Trans or Parts from v8 swap

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin Sewell

Reaction score
Hey guys, doing a v8 swap and got my 4.0 out. I don't think I'll need it anymore... :bwahaha:

Anyways, it has an issue with the head gaskets but I didn't drive it more than 10 miles after I noticed coolant leaking everywhere from the back of the block. The body of my truck has 191k on it, so the motor MAY have that, I have an authorized mod sticker on the core support and I'm not sure what it's for... The motor pulled strong and didn't have any issues until the head gasket. The trans works fine as well, may have the slightest 2-3 flare or I could be paranoid. I changed the fluid and filter recently in it so it's ready to go. Obviously I can't ship this, but if you want parts from it and live close enough to Carrollton, GA, let me know what you want and what you'd like to pay for it.

215192753e731db1bd09fb378d1784d2.jpg

If you were only closer...... :-(

Was the A/C working previously? I'm in need of an A/C compressor for the wife's '02. We're considering selling it and it would certainly help if the A/C blew cold!

Thanks!

Mark

Mark, the AC compressor itself was working fine. clutch engaged and disengaged audibly, no play in the pulleys... However, the system would not hold a charge. I'm thinking it was because I bent the AC hardline to the blower box when I did my body lift, but I couldn't rule out the compressor. I will still sell it to you if you'd like to try it.

Eddie, the whole trans got sold already. It was 2WD anyway... Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I don't get emails for this site and don't regularly check it.

Thanks for getting back to me Austin, but the truck is being traded. Really didn't have the time to try and fix the A/C and not a lot of interest in it sadly. So it's going to the dealer as a trade.

Mark

Latest posts