30000 mile service

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 2007 V6 Sport Trac is ready for the 30000 mile service. The dealer is recommending I change the Transmission fluid, fuel filter, air filter and the oil along with a host of visual inspections. The maintenance schedule does not indicate the trans service. I am looking for thoughts from the list.

Thanks

Rick

With the problems that seem to pop up with Sport Trac automatic transmissions, it might be a good investment to go ahead and do a trans flush. If you're going to change the trans fluid, you might as well do it right and get the whole flush done, IMO. My 07' will definitely get a trans flush at 30,000 miles.

Aloha guys,

I really don't have anything against fresh trans fluid but I have always herd that flushing

put some other fellows old fluid into your transmission. Unless they flush with new fluid, wouldn't it be better to just change the trans fluid?

Tks Ed

Check this out, it is from another site! http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176798

ED......

My st...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nise instilation Todd. What temperature does your transmission run?

Ed

I bought an 07 V6 in 2/08. I asked the same question when I bought it with 33k on the clock, have a signed stmt from the GM of the dealer stating that the tranny fluid does not need changing for 100K. Do I believe it, NO, but I got a signed/dated statement to that effect, service mgr says the same but a service tech says change it at 50k would probably be a good thing.

With out the 3rd cooler and the larger tranny pan I used to hit around 200-225.....

Now with the 3rd large cooler and the extra tranny pan, summer driving I can sit around 150 !!!!

Todd Z

I think the later models call for a tranny flush at 100k but for years almost every Ford model called for a flush every 30k. And from what I've seen in several instances, if you don't do it the tranny will crap out right around 100k. If you plan on keeping it I would change the fluid every 30k.

Latest posts