30000 check-up

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy-The-Ute

Reaction score
I need to do my 30000 miles check up on my 2004 ST, any recommendations?:) Yes I know my miles are low after 4 years.

wow... way low...

i just did this to my 05

i swapped out everything to synthetic.

changed out the tranny fluid to royal purple, the diff to royal purple... pretty much i have royal purple everywhere but the crank...

did a seafoam cleaning...

also cleaned off my throttle body... which had oil all over it :wacko: (not good)

then swaped it out with a zabteck throttle body few days ago..

(paul, todd... core will be in mail monday!)

checked the air filter, tire pressure...

then... i washed it :lol:

that was pretty much all i did....

sure someone else will have some input as to what you can do ;)

Oil change, tranny flush*, change transfer case lube** if it's a 4x4, at 4 years old I'd change the coolant regardless of mileage, air filter*, and fuel filter*.

The axles are kind of optional at this point, you could do it but it won't hurt if you don't.

* The manual says to do this at 30,000 miles.

** The manual says to do this at 60,000 miles but it will look like tar now anyway.

i have a 05 st. and at 30,000 i did my tranny service. back in march.. and this last wed i did another service regular 3,000 mile service. and in that service they cleaned the injectors. and 21 point inspection and lubed the undercarriage.. my son wanted me to switch to the royale purple. but i was told once you change to synthetic you cant switch back.. to regular oil, or tranny fluid.. but i dont drive my st very far. just to and from the store and to work which is only 4 miles away..

ladybug said:
but i was told once you change to synthetic you cant switch back.. to regular oil, or tranny fluid..

Wrong. Ancient myths are hard to stop though. For a lot of short trips synthetic would be better, but if you regularly change it every 3000 miles then conventional oil is fine.

Latest posts