3 mods down - 2 to go

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i installed an ebay version of an intake tonite - 30 minutes work.. pretty tight fit. Anyone else find the same situation. Also i hear a lot of sucking air sound thro the new filter ... assume that is normal but thot i read something previously on this site about doing something to minimize that... anyone have any comments

The *sucking* sound is the sound of more air moving through the system, That is a good thing, you will notice the difference especially if you do an exhaust upgrade also, the system *breaths* better and is more efficient...that equals to more HP and torque.

Have a good one

Bob

I have the same one. I notice the noise when the engine is cold and then it seems to deminish when the engine warms up. You will hear it then when you stomp on it and it will definately start up again. Yes it was a tight fit for me also. Did you remove the air box silencer also? If not there is a project on it in the project section. Congrats and enjoy.;)

Stone, How do you have an air box silencer with an after market intake????

Just checking???

The low pressure created in the engine causes the high pressure air outside to move into the engine... (technically it never sucks air, Just creates low pressure) and high pressure goes to low pressure...;)

You should hear it with a modified Throttle body on there...;);)

Todd Z

Todd I don't. I was just mentioning to remove it if he didn't already. Let me reword it. Remove the "Air Silencer" when you remove the air box. Just a suggestion.:lol:;)

Let me re word mine...

The air silencer comes out with the air box, If left in there it will be loose and rattling around... :p:p

Latest posts