3/8 spacers where can i get it

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHRIS DAVIS 2

Reaction score
Where can i find those at our anything smaller. i set out to lift and put bigger tires. well i bought everything and had just enough for spacers and alignment. well my dumb#** thought when you bought a set of 1.25 spacers of ebay it came with 4.:wacko: WRONG so now i have to find some cheap ones to do the trick. i am doing a tt/shackle lift(2") i bought 285/75/16. someone help me out please. i know explorer expresse used to have them but i can not find them. if anyone has some used ones or bigger like i wanted let me know and how much. thanks:cool:

3/8 is nothing, IS that all you need....

Most of the time it is simply trimming the fender plastic a little...

those tires should fit without front spacers on stock rims, I do not know what rims you have...

Pep Boys, auto zone sells the slide on spacers, they are universal.. I hate those things though..

The best thing is to get another set of 1.25 or 1.5 if needed and do it the safest way..

Todd Z

is there a certain reason that you dont like them. i have stock rims. on the proects list nates list said that he had a little bit of scrapping that is why i was wondering. i dont want to by another one cuz i dont have the money to.

The problem with slide on spacers is that they are not safe to use. When you bolt your wheels to your vehicle, you are actually holding the wheels to the hub, but the hub is supporting the wheel. With the slide on spacers. you are no longer getting the proper support to the hub. The right way to do it is using the right spacers or proper offset wheels.

Tom

And the "little rubbing" can be prevented simply by cutting the plastic....

Todd Z

I am running the same size and rims with the factory off set. I did the TT/SL and there are some rubbing in the front mud guards and the front swaybar and also the inner fender up front. You can reduce a good bit just by trimming and changing out the screws that hold the mud guards. As for the back, all I had to do was trim out some of the plastic behind the tire. I wish I had done a real lift but for the money, I love it.

Hey Chris what do you do at Rucker? The guy I bought the ST from moved there last year. He's an Apache Pilot.

Latest posts