2nd Gen 2wd Wheel bearing Specs?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artie

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time searching/determining the torque specs for the 2nd gen 2wd wheel bearings. I found a couple of sights showing 203 ft.Lbs for rear but nothing for the front bearings? Suggestions for my 2008 2wd? I'm trying to gather info now for future maintenance/repairs.

UMMM the front??? ( if it doesn't have a stub axle) then there is nothing to torque...…

No 32mm nut to torque? (I have no manual o/h yet to check) Perhaps I should be asking axle nut torque?
Disregard, realized my error after more research. Lot's to learn..

Last edited:
The gen 2 uses the SAME hub ( 2wd and 4wd) and just laves the hole empty..... SOME gen 1 had spindles and some used a stub axle.... its way confusing... The real way is to just take a tire off and look. The rear brakes on the gen 2 also had 2 styles... The front axle nut if 4wd is 32MM and the rear is 35mm Torque is way over 200....

It is confusing, especially since I am unable to pick up the ST until Saturday so I can get more in depth on inspection. I am considering purchasing a volume 2 service manual for the vehicle.

The Ford OEM manuals are priceless.... people sell them used fairly cheep and you can get a CD version too, but get the exact year of your truck, while they are close, things will be different. ... FORGET that chilton and haynes… they are crap !!