28 mpg

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caymen,

Yes I saw MythBusters and they also said following a truckthat close was stupid whether you do it in Ohio at 55 MPH or in Texas at 75 MPH. If you are following close enough to effect your gas mileage, you are too close....And the only air bubble is the one between your ears.

...Rich

You resort to insult too? Cool.

A safe following distance is a safe following distance. Your following distance must be different than mine.

Gotcha! Thanks for the information.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
caymen, 4 yrs ago when you and Tiger had me banned from this site via lies and insults I was pissed, have tried to be kind to you, your right, anyone that disagrees with you will always be wrong.

Like i said above, why you are allowed to post your continual B.S on this site is beyound comprehension

sorry for the rant but I find you to be a dispicable person JMO

as many others do.

caymen, 4 yrs ago when you and Tiger had me banned from this site via lies and insults I was pissed, have tried to be kind to you, your right, anyone that disagrees with you will always be wrong.

I don't recall ever having you banned. Maybe you went by the pseudo name of "Q", then yes it was me, but I remember nothing about you as Bill Barber.

Like I asked a few times, where am I wrong in what I said about radiation. Correct me if I am wrong. You and I both know the ignorance of the general public on what radiation can and can't do. There isn't a day that goes by that people asks me how long I continue to glow after working with it.

Tom

Mine has too.

As I said, I never recall getting you banned. The only person I recall reporting was "Q".

I guess you have no intentions telling me what I am wrong with when it comes to my job do you?

Tom

Enough said, your just a delivery person, delivers lead sealed chemo drugs and radioactive implants to hospitals, thx for what you do, is hazerdous work

Your job is your job, enjoy

sad that you do not remember 4 yrs back.I do

Enough said, your just a delivery person, delivers lead sealed chemo drugs and radioactive implants to hospitals, thx for what you do, is hazerdous work

A delivery person? Are you sure about that? I am an industrial radiograper working with Co-60, Ir-192, Se-75, along with a 4 MEV linatron, and an 8 MEV Linatron.

The 8 MEV Linatron emits 3,000 RADS per minute at 1 meter.

The Ir-192 in quantities of 160 Ci, Co-60 in 120 Ci, and the Se-75 in less than 10 Ci.

I have a lifetime dose of 1.6 REM.

Again, tell me.

Here is what is online...right in order what I said it was...

High Radiosensitivity

Lymphoid organs, bone marrow, blood, testes, ovaries, intestines

Fairly High Radiosensitivity

Skin and other organs with epithelial cell lining (cornea, oral cavity, esophagus, rectum, bladder, vagina, uterine cervix, ureters)

Moderate Radiosensitivity

Optic lens, stomach, growing cartilage, fine vasculature, growing bone

Fairly Low Radiosensitivity

Mature cartilage or bones, salivary glands, respiratory organs, kidneys, liver, pancreas, thyroid, adrenal and pituitary glands

Low Radiosensitivity

Muscle, brain, spinal cord

Seriously, I do not recall getting you banned. If you were arguing and said things you shouldn't have said, that is you doing it to yourself.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
No grief here dude, just a promise to never again respond to your rambeling, nonsensicle posts, adious Tom, am not surprized that your memory lose of 4 yrs ago cannot be recalled.

Must be the radiation , normal people do not act as you do.

Must be the radiation , normal people do not act as you do.

With all due respect, the same can be said about you.

Possibly you are the one with the clouded memory.

Tom

I'm in NY right now. Borrowed my bro-in-law's enclosed motorcycle trailer to move my kids to PA.

(I'll post pics later)

Averaged over 100 miles or so each on I-90:

15.3 mpg with the cruise on 65, OD off, and an empty trailer.

13.5 mpg with the cruise on 70, OD on, and an empty trailer.

OD turned out to be basically useless so I just left it off.

I think OD can really hurt Miliage at times, when I pull a hill (no trailer) I turn it off, I think lugging the engine really kills gas miliage.

I would agree. I find it interesting that the Trac's with 3.73 differentials do not get better gas mileage than those with the 4.10. Some say the difference is made up with the tire sizes, but if you calculate them out, the 4.10's still turn higher RPM's than the 3.73's, but still get the same MPG's.

I did tow a car from from Ohio to KY and got 15 MPG with OD on. If I turned it off, the mileage (Instant) went down to 12 MPG. With the OD on it would go up to 16 MPG.

In some ap[lications, it is better off, in others it is better on.

Tom