28 mpg

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adding weight to the bed, whether it's 100 lbs or 1000 lbs, will mostly affect stop start mileage, but won't hurt steady state mileage much if at all. Unless it's 100 lbs of bicycles on the roof rack!:p

16 lbs. of parachute tied to the bed will affect gas mileage. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You and I both know that a Sport Trac will not get 28 MPG for an average fuel mileage although it can do that or better under ideal driving conditions.

I can push 25 MPG with my Trac if I run 55 MPH and stay behind truckers. I am sure with a stick shift Trac (like Rodger has), running full synthetic oils (like Rodger does), at or closer to sea level (Again, like where Rodger lives), 28 MPG is possible.

Tom

Live in the foothills, coasting down the hill this A.M scangage reported 91 MPG.

Comeing back up the hill I got 5MPG

Average the two together.

(91+5)/2=48 MPG Average.

Tom

16 lbs. of parachute tied to the bed will affect gas mileage

Only if it's open.

I hit 28mpg once, on a steady stretch of interstate driving at 55mph in the middle of the night with pumped up tires. It's possible, but it wasn't fun getting passed by everything on the road.

Caymen,

Your constantly trying to pick a fight. You make posts that attempt to insult or belittle others.

As for getting 25 MPH...That's still not an Average MPG because you cannot possibly drive behind a truck going 55 MPH at all times so it is unrealistic and insane to consider that dumb stunt as an Average MPG. You may think it's cute to drive that close to the back of a truck to save gas, but most people consider that a very stupid thing to do.

And finally, I don't beleive you and a would not believe you if your tongue came notorized and had "25 MPG" tattooed on it.

...Rich

I did get an avg. of 28 mpg once in '05 going from Scottsdale, AZ up through Snowflake, AZ to Hwy. 40 doing 60 mph, or less. When we got up to Hwy. 40 to head east we filled up, and checked the mpg. And, that was with the 16 lbs. of parachute on the back. :lol:

You may think it's cute to drive that close to the back of a truck to save gas, but most people consider that a very stupid thing to do.

I am driving close to the back of the truck? Were you there? There is a larger air bubble behind a turck that you think. First off, 55 MPH is the speed limit for trucks. (You should know this since you are from Ohio) Following a truck at 55 MPH is not impossible. Second, ever watch Mythbusters? They proved that it is possible to save gas following a truck at a safe distance.

Starting a fight? Not me. I like to stir the pot but starting a fight isn't. Of course, saying that I am tailgating a truck is no different.

I stand behind my statement.

Tom

SITE SUGGESTION:) a forum for sensitive guys.

Drafting a semi is not a good a good thing to do, yes it works, but it really pisses off the trucker as it slows him down and he burns more fuel.

And if you pass him he will find you at the next stop you make on the interstate.

You do not want to anger a trucker.

I guess driving behind a semi at a safe distance is wrong. I got you.

Thanks for the lesson in driving. I wonder how I have driven with Radioactive materials in my work vehicle for 9 years without an accident without you all?

I guess it was pure luck.

Tom

Yes, I am licenced to transport, ship, and use radioactive materials.

No, it does not cause brain damage. Nerve and brain cells are almost immune to radiation. Blood cells die very quickly when exposed to radiation.

That is why it works on cancer. Fast multiplying cells die when exposed to radiation. Slow ones like bone and nerves don't.

Tom

When blood cells die, and the supply to the brain is comprimised, the brain gets effected.

maybe your Brain has just slowed down a tad:rolleyes:

It's amazing what I learn on this site.

Physics. Radiotherapy. The psychology of getting along.

And most importantly...the beauty of humor.

Life is great! :)

When blood cells die, and the supply to the brain is comprimised, the brain gets effected.

Wrong again. The doses I recieve at work is less than what the average person would recieve out in the sun.;)

I know this, it is my life.

Tom

Your without question 100% correct (a legend in you own mind Caymen)

your 9 year tenure has served you well.

I have worked in oncology, cath labs and cardiac surg for 45 yrs.

Your right, I will always be wrong, you shall always be right, you da man dude:blink:

But you really are not to bright, but your the main man, the site expert.

I applaud you Caymen, like I said a legend in your own mind.

why you still exsist on this site is beyound comprehension JMO

Last edited by a moderator: