275/45/22 fits STA. Barely! Pics...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris smith 5

Reaction score
I've had them mounted about 2 weeks now. When we test fitted at the shop, it wasnt clear if they would fit or not but when the truck settled down off the lift there was about 2mm of clearance between the sidewall and suspension.

I really like the width of the 275 tire. The rims arent as exciting as I had imagined, but they are growing on me..... Hey Doug, what do you think??

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! I am curious. I keep hearing about running bigger tires, spacers, and what not. I run a 2005 Adrenalin. Stock everything except for engine mods currently ongoing with exhaust soon to come (wanna ask you about that too, Pepper). Is changing tire sizes going to affect the ride (comfort), performance (traction) and speed (speedometer), and what do the spacers do?

So Pepper, love dogs, you have the joy of working with my wifes favorite breed. I am partial to the golden and lab breeds. Anyways, that exhaust tip, is that stock? If not, where did you get it?

No spacers. I bought the generic 5mm spacers just in case the tires were too wide but they just do fit in there.

The wheels and tires are a bit heavier than than the factory 20s so sometimes a really bad road is noticeable because it seems the shocks cant handle the extra weight. Nothing to complain about. Its only on really bad surfaces!

The exhaust tip is from a Flowmaster kit for the Corvette with a Corsa DB series muffler. I had to special order the tip from Jegs

I think they look good. You need to post a full on side view to show the aspect of the new sidewall in comparison to stock but I do really like the width. Is there any issues with rubbing at all? :banana: