26 years of Active Duty coming to an End.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sal Adinolfi

Reaction score
Well It's Official, Just submitted my retirement letter and paperwork.

After 26 years, 9 Months and 28 days, of serving Active duty in the CT. Air National Guard.

I will be retiring on 31 Oct 2009 with my first day of Leave on 11 Sept 2009.

Just got a really wird Feeling..

I will miss Most of the people I have served with and as most places of work a few I wont miss.

[Broken External Image]:

WOW, what an impressive military career. I salute you for your service.:cool:

You beat me by 5 months and 7 days.

Sal,

Congratulations!

I am beginnning to think about retirement as well. If the Air Force doesn't offer someplace good, I may just end it 20 months from now. It is a bit scary to think about it, but I am on track to finish my MBA just before "the day", and I have god connections for some jobs.

Check out the website called, www.linkedin.com. I joined it this week. You will be surprised what connections you will find for jobs. Good luck.

Nelson

Congrats, Sal. Be sure to start your VA disability claim now. If you submit it now as a Benefits Delivery at Discharge claim, you should get an answer back on it withing 30 days of your retirement date.

Contrats on your retirement too! I'm on terminal leave right now after 22yrs of active Air Force. Yes, the clearences is a big plus in todays market. My TS/SCI Yankee White helped me land my GS-13 with the FCC. I've working with them since Feb 1. May 1st will be my last active duty day.

It's nice in the civilian word, the only thing is I have to decide what to wear every day!!

I to have a TS/SCI but unfortunatly I will be heading overseas. No Gov. Jobs near where we plan on living.

I will be heading to the VA for help on benifits hopefully this week. or next.

And Cngrats to all the others that have done this. I also appreciate what you have gone thru.

Retirement should not be this hard to do..

It's not really all that hard, Sal. It's just a huge life-change after so many years. But, we military-folk are accustomed to adapting to and overcoming change. So don't worry, you'll get through it!:D

One other piece of advice on VA claims: If they deny a claim, appeal it. Keep appealing until the appeals process is exhausted. The burden of proof is on the VA to prove that what you're claiming is not service-connected. Basically, if you're claiming a condition that's in your service medical record that you didn't have prior enlisting, it's service-connected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts