$2227.32 for the rear end damage, now the repair work begins

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Peters

Reaction score
Well, parts are ordered. It needs a lot of paint work for blending, but everything is new except for a rear bedside quarter panel, and the rear bumper underneeth the pad, which are used (I don't mind since they are Ford parts). The bumer pads, the pad itself, all the brackets, and fendor well, and rear tailgate are new motorcraft parts, which is nice. The bed will be repaired. It will take a atleast 3 weeks to complete the work. 2227 is the total. Insurance did waive the deductible, which is an added bonus. Just an FYI follow up.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update Big AL and again glad you are ok. so nice of your insurance company to waive the deductible too! :cool:

I know the feeling when rachels was hit.... They found another 500 + once they took it apart..

Todd Z

Its a shame really. She runs are drives like a champ too. I trust the body shop doing the work. A local Ford dealer is doing the work.

When Dawn was hit earlier this year I did the work myself (farmed out the paint). The bedside is a bolt on part. Pretty easy to fix. I did just what you have to do: bedside, wheel liner, bumper cover, bumper support, bumper pad, and LR taillight...

Mark

Latest posts